Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mfc2257

Temporary Site Shutdown For 9-11-01 Remembrance?

2 posts in this topic

Given the extreme circumstances of what happened ten years ago, I'm curious as to folks opinion about shutting down EMTBravo for the day on Sunday in memory of those that were lost. There are so many things to be contemplated, remembered, mourned, and reflected upon that day, that posting here seems almost trivial. Maybe a simple message left when people navigate to the site that we are taking the day to remember.

I realize that this site is a conduit of information for many, so there are absolutely reasons to keep it running too.

I'd like some constructive conversation to follow. Please do not disrespect those lost by turning this into a circus. Think before you post.

God Bless

-Ed-

x635 likes this

IMHO, and with no disrespect intended, I think that shutting down the site is really not a prudent way to remember the events of 9/11.

The EMTBravo community is made up of people from all "walks of emergency service life". There are Cops, Firemen, EMT's, Paramedics, Nurses, Enthusiasts, Career, Volunteer, Active Duty, Retired, Pursuing the Emergency Service field, Students, Instructors, those who were directly affected by the events of that day, and those who were 8 years old at the time who are now involved in the emergency service community in some way, wheteher it be fire or EMS or some other form of involvement. Much can still be learned from the events of 9/11... lessons of bravery, service, courage, and brotherhood that were exemplified by so many of the first responders that day; lessons that should be passed on to those who may just be getting involved with their local VFD or VAC, or those who are newly hired Police Officers or Firefighters. I say instead of shutting down the site to remember the events of that day, keep the site up so people can share their thoughts and memories from that day if they choose to. This site is not just a portal for information, snazzy photographs, and the occasional silliness that drives the moderators crazy! This site is a resource for so many, and the EMTBravo community is just that, a community of emergency service professionals, many of whom I have come to respect for their knowledge and professionalism, a community that serves as an avenue for those who have retired and moved on, to stay connected with their emergency service brothers and sisters back home in the NY Metro Area, a community of emergency service providers from all "walks of emergency service life" where we can be around our peers, and there may be that one person on Sunday, 9/11/11 who may turn to this site to remember and reflect on that day, or remember a friend or family member who was lost that day, and I personally think to deny anyone of that opportunity would be like turning our backs on one of our own.