-Swiftwater Rescue Equipment

-Hazmat Equipment

-Rehab equipment

-Tactical Medic Equipment

-USAR equipment

-Land Rescue Equipment

-PD K9 MS Equipment for treatment of an injured PD K9

-Light tower

-Hitch for towing specialty trailers, such as the ice trailer, the Gator trailer, the special events trailer, etc...

It was spec'd after this truck:

Actually Seth ATCEMS was the first dept to run those. All the District Commanders ran them. Also District Command 6 is refurbished on a new 2011 Ford F-350 chassis. I do have pics of it before it was refurbished. If you want I can post them?

That's what I thought, Billy. I'd like to see some of your shots, too.

I remember the old Frazer DC trucks as they were nearing their final days when I moved down here. I have plenty of photos, too. They were the first to be produced, as you said, but never really took off on Frazer's end (until now-a few possible orders pending from other agencies). ATCEMS hated them, as they had numerous problems and didn't like the way they handled. So, they went with the Ford F-250's like the AFD Battalions with cap and slide out bed. And they were less expensive.

For SO4 and SO6, they couldn't store all the equipment they wanted to carry on the pickups, especially in the more remote areas of Travis County, so they refurb'd two of the Frazer's on a heavier duty Ford chasis with better braking and suspension. They also made some modifications to the compartments in the module. I think they also have solar panels or are wired for the solar panels. They also wanted a light tower. Or that's what I am told, lol...you know how they are always changing their minds!

The old:

post-11-0-96428500-1316290659.jpg

I've always thought ATCEMS has some of the best looking units around. Not a fan of yellow but the blue and yellow mix so well.

I agree ATCEMS does have some of the best looking units around. I think that the blue over yellow is alot better then the white over yellow is/was.

I've always thought ATCEMS has some of the best looking units around. Not a fan of yellow but the blue and yellow mix so well.

I think it would look alot better if they would have painted the top of the box to match the cab.

I believe that all the District Commander got/getting one. I saw today that District Command 2 got one. (Sorry no pics). I have no clue what the plains are for the DC pick-ups?

Here's District Command 2.

2011 Ford F-350/Frazer

I was told today that there are 4 more on order and they will be in 2012.

post-15697-0-00038700-1324434169.jpg

post-15697-0-97578900-1324434179.jpg

EdAngiolillo likes this