Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

Short FF1 summer course?

20 posts in this topic

Contact Putnam, I heard from one of the instructors he was looking to do a 2 week class in July.

Westchester should also be having a daytime FF1 in June and July.

For all others just be patient, there will be more FF1 classes posted.

how about ff2 any1 know anything about those classes for the summer?

i hope there is a summer two week course cause i am look into taking one when it comes up

I'm planning on 2 FFII courses for the summer- in June and July.

As soon as my "staff" repliesthat the dates are OK- I'll submit them.

Staff? You have staff? Why don't I have staff? lol.

2 FF 2's? Easy tiger you know I love that curriculum.

The daytime firefighter 1's will be about 2 weeks.

Your behind the 8 ball!

When your good, others just flock towards you!!!! :-P

My FFII's will be regular nighttime with a Saturday. I can't do the "daytime" routine anymore.

Contact Putnam, I heard from one of the instructors he was looking to do a 2 week class in July.

How can i get in touch with them?

Usually by phone works. :) 845-808-4000

Heard the county will have 5 classes this summer and 2 of them will be all day classes.

Thats exactly what i am looking for also. I am wondering when Westchester County will post the information regarding these classes? There are many people in the Sleepy Hollow Fire Department including myself who want to and need to take FFI! If any one else has any information please let me know so i can tell my Chief's and Training Officer ahead of time.

Thanks Chris

I think many don't understand what is involved to actually get a course scheduled. Its not as simple as saying we are going to do it, lets post it. In order for a class to occur OFPC has to authorize it and it has to be submitted to them at least 21 days in advance of the start date. Tell your training officers or whomever handles your training, to pay attention to the website. The way it has been handled, it is announced with the day registrations will be accepted listed on there also. As far as I know DES will still be placing students on a rotation through departments which started in January. Your Chiefs/training officers should be aware of this if they have people needing training, if not check the website yourself and often.

starting a firefighter one class may 09 2005 its posted on the web site and at the training center.

i just checked the Westchester County Emergency Services website and there was no FFI course starting MAY 9 2005?

The County has opened up 2 daytime FFI and 1 night time FF1 all are taken from my understanding!!!

Just checked the website and there are 7 slots open as of right now (i just took one so it probally hasnt been updated) for the June 6th or 9th daytime short class. Thanks guys for all of the information