Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

WCEMS: The First Frazer Without A Generator

5 posts in this topic

Washington County EMS (Texas) recently sent one of their Frazer modules out for remounting on a new chasis. Washington County EMS Lt. Jacobs created a very much improved set of specs, resulting in the first Frazer of it's kind without a seperate generator to power the module, as well as a re-engineered A/C system, amongst other things.

For detailed photos:http://www.emtbravo.com/texas/apparatus/wcemsm4.html

post-11-0-18945700-1317937545.jpg

For more photos:http://www.emtbravo.com/texas/apparatus/wcemsm4.html

FDNY 10-75 and Task Force 7 like this

About time... They are great boxes but I can't begin to describe how frustrating those generator systems can be...

About time... They are great boxes but I can't begin to describe how frustrating those generator systems can be...

It is. They don't have to require seperate PM. You don't need to fill up with diesel and gas. No noise in the box. I get the concept at the time. It takes a lot of work off the chasis, and you get better A/C and an easier to remount module. But I have a feeling the MEPS will be the next generation.

This new generator technology is great, provides steady AC current and uses almost no space under the hood and frees up a whole compartment and you can go from 90 degress inside the box to 55 degrees within minutes. I think it will really take off when agencies see it at the Texas EMS Conference in Austin next month.

Wow, I don't like ambulances but if Houston would purchase this I bet we would not be in the shop or in a reserve all the time. It would be nice not to be sweating while transporting. Looks pretty stout as well. Great pics !