Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Port Chester New Ladder Rumor

4 posts in this topic

Rumor is that Port Chester has finished spec'ing for a 100' Seagrave Tiller This replace the current Seagrave tiller, and is due to go out to bid shortly.

I kow they have been looking into replacing L-31 but I didn't hear anything about in going out to bid. The PC Town Board I heard was giving them problems about replacing it. They better do something cus TL-2 is out of service as much as it is in.

I will have to look into this later in the week.

Ladder 31 is to be replaced shortly and I believe one of the career rigs (58 or 59) might also go to bid shortly. Port Chester is scrambling to spend their fire protection monies from Rye Brook before that deal ends, in a year or 2. Rye Brook had been charging it's residents a fire protection tax, which was going to PCFD. Though I believe PCFD will still respond woth Rye Brook on some alarms, the protection tax is about to disappear.

As for the new tiler, I had heard Pierce, but Seagrave seems to make more sense. It's nice having the Seagrave dealer in Mamaroneck.

None of the Port Chester career rigs are slated to be replaced. There is NO fire tax in Rye Brook. The money that Rye Brook gives to Port Chester does not go to PCFD, it goes to the Village of Port Chester and then into the general Fund.

I believe the choice is Seagrave for the Ladder but all that remains to be seen yet.