Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Get Your Flu Shot And Help Others

4 posts in this topic

Just would like to remind everyone who hasn't, or has procrastinated it to today, to get their Flu shot!

There are number of flu shot clinics, your empoyer may have one, I know down here the CVS Pharmacist can give it to you and bill your insurance. Bottom line, there are plenty of places to get the shot.

Now, of course, the ultimate benefit is that it is highly likely that you will not get the flu. For a long time, I was an "what do I need that for" person. But my thinking has changed.

At home, everyone should have a flu shot. Mainly, so one of your family members doesn't bring it home to share.

Besides for personal reasons, many of us come into contact with immunocomprimised patients who the flu could easily kill.

We also affect each other. When a bunch of our coworkers have to call out sick because they or their child has the flu, it places a strain on the rest of your coworkers to cover the gaps during flu season, especially gaps that may go unfilled in this economy.

Flu came early this year...I should know, two weeks ago I fell ill with the flu and felt like I got broadsided by a bus. Do everyone a favor and get the shot, unfortunately it is not available yet in Vermont...

I could be wrong but aren't healthcare providers required to get the flu shot? Or is it just highly recommended?

Edited by firedude

Highly recommended. Employers can make it a condition of employment baring a medical complication, but otherwise it is optional.