Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jack10562

Volkswagen Jetta and Golf Diesel Recall

5 posts in this topic

Stop-sale and recall: Volkswagen Golf, Jetta diesels cars for risk of fuel leak.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) says it has received eight complaints of a leaking fuel line to the injector on the second cylinder. (See the NHTSA report.) The recall affects 159,884 Jetta TDI sedans and SportWagens manufactured from May 2008 through September 2011 and VW Golf TDIs manufactured from May 2009 through September 2011.

http://news.consumerreports.org/cars/2011/10/stop-sale-and-recall-volkswagen-golf-jetta-diesels-cars-for-risk-of-fuel-leak.html

http://news.consumer...-fire-risk.html

Interesting, don't suppose there's anyway to search the NFIRS data for CT/NY to figure out if more car fires involve that car, is there?

Interesting, don't suppose there's anyway to search the NFIRS data for CT/NY to figure out if more car fires involve that car, is there?

There haven't been any deaths/injuries or fires related to the recall. The recall is a few weeks old (VWoA sent it to dealers) and owners won't receive notices until November. VAG has been having a number of issues with the common rail diesel engine they introduced in the 2009 MY. The biggest deal is the high pressure fuel pump's tendency to destroy itself and spit metal shavings across the entire fuel system but VAG has been trying to keep that hush hush for some time.

Edited by Goose
99subi likes this

There were 8 documented leaks nationwide. I don't think you're going to see much of a bump

There were 8 documented leaks nationwide. I don't think you're going to see much of a bump

Thanks, just curious. For those of you familiar with NFIRS, is there a way to search for that kind of information on a regional/statewide basis without going to the state or feds?