Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JohnnyOV

Somers MOS extrication 10/19/2011

5 posts in this topic

I'd just like to wish the brothers of Somers Fire who were involved in yesterday's accident a speedy recovery.

From what it sounded like on the radio, an urgent call for assistance came out from 80B3 / 45-Medic ? who was fighting with the patient in the back of the ambulance on Rt 100. Somers dispatch advised the ambulance that SP were enroute and 5 minutes out. Less then 3 minutes later, we overheard a Somers unit stating they had been involved in an accident and needed medical aid on Rt 100. We could only assume that they were on their way to assist the ambulance crew with their patient. If anyone has any other information on the status of their members, please let us know.

Your bothers to the West wish you guys a quick and healthy recovery.

Link to IA: http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php/topic/43522-somers-mva-w-pin-10-19-11/page__pid__248861#entry248861

I hope the MOS are all okay and wish them a speedy recovery. This type of thing can happen to any one of us, I can only speculate as to what happened but we all need to remember we can't help anyone if we don't make it to a scene. I've seen POV's fly by me at breakneck speeds before ( I am not saying that these MOS were doing this, just making an observation), I just wish we would all relax and get there safely so we can actually help each other. Please remember everyone at the end of the day " Everyone Goes Home'.

I'd heard over the scanner that the patient had assualted one of the personnel on board and requested state police and 45 medic 2.

Hope they are able to have a speedy and full recovery.

Both members are ok. They were taken to WMC to be checked out. The other vehicle involved required a simple door pop. The ambulance crew is ok too.

Edited by JM15