Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cutty630

Question about the training center

4 posts in this topic

heyIwas unsure of the answer so I figured that I would ask around and see if anybody could answer it. Since I am the person in charge of the fast team training in my department I was wondering if the new fire building (with the propane) can be used without hand lines.

I want to have a fast training with search and rescue but I don't want the team to have to do fire surpression as well just the search and rescue. But I"m unsure of the rules that the county have set up while using the burn building. It's not to often that you get to do a fast training and have heat in the room while conducting a search.

So if anybody has any info just post it for me, and thank you in advance for the help.......

Cutty, I think they can just flow the smoke, and have no fire.

Also, we use the tower and smoke house quite often, and smoke it out. The basement of the smoke house is the best.

yea I'm all for the search with zero visibility but I just want to add some heat. Not to melt face shields or helmet fronts, just enough to feel it through the jacket. Makes everyones blood flow differently when searching through conditions like these.....

Don't quote me but i think you need to have a hose line outside as a safety. it can be hooked up to the hydrent and just laid out with a guys or too maning it. we used the burn house last week and they said we had to have a line off something other then the engine (new rule i guess). so i am guessing they could heat the building up but shut the flame off when your guys enter the room. :-k