Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joetnymedic

Legendary Boxer Joe Frazier Passes Away - 11/7/11

14 posts in this topic

Just so you guys know, ton of articles last few hours. Smokin' Joe Fraizer has entered hospice due to liver cancer. His manager of the last 7 years, Leslie Wolff says he is critically ill and needs a miracle to survive. I remember watching several of his fights growing up. Kinda hazy because it was so long ago, but I could have swore he boxed Muhammad Ali. All I know is that Fraizer was a great man and a great boxer and my heart goes out to his family, his friends and his fans.

joe

Do you remember the "Fight of the Century" and "The Thrilla in Manila ?"

Joe, I think he did fight Muhammed Ali. Wow, we are loosing some big names. Also Andy Rooney today.

A shame to hear. I may be young but I do recognize greatness and Frazier was not only a great boxer, but is a great man. RIP Andy Rooney.

[edit - RIP Andy Rooney...not Frazier...will proof read next time.]

Edited by PFDRes47cue

Damn, ol Joe ain't even dead yet and you've already consigned him to rest in peace?! He is one of the greatest heavyweight fighters.

He fought Ali three times. First was a brutal 15 round decision. At the time called the fight of the century and still today considered by many to be amongst the best. Third fight was the thrilla in Manilla. Ali won, but if you watch the fight it looks like Ali was refusing to return to the ring just as Joe's corner threw in the towel clearly against his wishes. It was such a brutal fight both fighters were hospitalized after.

Joe was an incredibly fast and furious puncher with a punishing left hook. He was an undersized fighter that brutalized many an opponent.

The garbage city of Philadelphia continues to honor rocky, a fictional character over one of the greatest fighters of all times. A man from Philly, raised in Philly, and returned to Philly where until his hospitalization was still training fighters in a local gym that he lived above.

Edited by ny10570
efdcapt115 likes this

Guy is a class act and took years of abuse and shunning by the black community due to the antics of Muhammad Ali when they fought. Which was 3 times. First was the Fight of the Century...then Ali/Frazier II which was at MSG and then the Thrilla in Manila. Those 2 beat the living crap out of each other and Ali made good years later.

God Bless Smokin' Joe. Thanks for some great fights in your time. I pray you rebound and if its not in your destiny I hope you may go in peace.

A shame to hear. I may be young but I do recognize greatness and Frazier was not only a great boxer, but a great man. RIP.

He is not dead, you never know what could happen.

Damn, ol Joe ain't even dead yet and you've already consigned him to rest in peace?! He is one of the greatest heavyweight fighters.

He fought Ali three times. First was a brutal 15 round decision. At the time called the fight of the century and still today considered by many to be amongst the best. Third fight was the thrilla in Manilla. Ali won, but if you watch the fight it looks like Ali was refusing to return to the ring just as Joe's corner threw in the towel clearly against his wishes. It was such a brutal fight both fighters were hospitalized after.

Joe was an incredibly fast and furious puncher with a punishing left hook. He was an undersized fighter that brutalized many an opponent.

The garbage city of Philadelphia continues to honor rocky, a fictional character over one of the greatest fighters of all times. A man from Philly, raised in Philly, and returned to Philly where until his hospitalization was still training fighters in a local gym that he lived above.

He is not dead, you never know what could happen.

Did not proof-read...my apologies. The RIP was for Andy Rooney, unrelated to Frazier. Of course I'm praying for him to pull through. Sorry for the ridiculous mix-up.

Just heard on ESPN that Joe Frazier passed away. RIP, thank you for all the great memories.

Rest in peace Joe....you were one of the best in the ring!!!

RIP smokin Joe. You were one of the greatest fighters ever...back when heavyweights actually boxed and didn't hug every 2 seconds.

PFDRescue..you weren't totally wrong...when your put in hospice it is so you can rest and be comfortable and in the surroundings you want as your time comes. So in fact I hope he was able to rest in peace during his final days after a brave and long battle.

This is pretty sad, but you guys all know once you hit hospice, that's pretty much the end of the road. Still sad though and I hope he didn't suffer. As much as Dr.'s say you don't have pain from liver ailments, trust me, they are wrong. When your live capsule expands from your liver becoming enlarged, there is pain, trust me on that, I can tell you that first hand. Then there are the points when the capsule becomes enflamed. As long as you get decent pain management, it's bearable. so I am hoping Joe had that. RIP Joe, you were and always will be a true legend