Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Remember585

Croton Police "New" Truck 1

6 posts in this topic

The old Croton EMS Ambulance 55B1 was given to Croton Police, replacing the very old and tired old CPD "Truck 1."

The photos were taken outside of McCaffrey Signs in Peekskill by "Onlocation."

This unit is used for their Dive Team, Tactical Team, Accident Investigation Unit and (I think) a mobile command unit.

post-34-0-59844300-1322738906.jpg

post-34-0-13500300-1322738917.jpg

firedude and sfrd18 like this

Question ??.... the Chevons match the Croton PD's colors... I thought they had to be a certain color scheme, and that was NOT a choice... is that just for NFPA guidelines ??? and if that is the case, why are they NOT the same ??

Would NFPA just govern fire apparatus? Seems police and others (DPW, sanitation, privately owned vehicles) would not fall under the auspices of the NFPA.

The standard for non FD vehicles in reference to the standard is very vague. My interpretation is that the standard is for FD vehicles, but I believe it will eventually cover all EMERGENCY VEHICLES at some point. This was a question when I was involved in the committee for a new ambulance in CEMS. So to answer your question, the colors CPD has chosen doesnt relate to the FD standard and they are fine. I'm just glad they improved the safety by adding some more safety striping.

NFPA 1901 - Standard for Fire Apparatus, obviously applies only to Fire Apparatus. This is the standard that recommends (not mandates unless adapted as law) the chevrons on the rear of Fire Apparatus.

Battenburg markings use similar color scheme requirements that are used in the United Kingdom, and some other Countries. I have seen some Ambulances with these markings around the Hartford, CT area.

585 You are right, the original truck 1 was equipped as a mobile command post, I had PD,FD and DPW radios installed in the rear. I wonder if they took the generator I had installed off the old truck and put in the new one.

Edited by xchief2x