Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peterose313

Former model takes first steps after being struck by airplane prop

3 posts in this topic

Former fashion model, Lauren Scuggs recently took her first steps in a Dallas hospital after accidentally walking into the prop of an airplane that resulted in traumatic injuries including having her hand sliced off and massive facial injuries. The video includes a brief interview with a pair of the EMT's who responded to the call.

Lauren Scuggs takes first steps

Edited by peterose313

Former fashion model, Lauren Scuggs recently took her first steps in a Dallas hospital after accidentally walking into the prop of an airplane that resulted in traumatic injuries including having her hand sliced off and massive facial injuries. The video includes a brief interview with a pair of the EMT's who responded to the call.

Lauren Scuggs takes first steps

Kind of curious what she was doing walking in front of the aircraft with the aircraft running, period? Relaxed tarmac ettiquete would be my guess.

Something about the story and how this reported doesn't sound right. Tell me this model didn't know the plane was running, for real?

Kind of curious what she was doing walking in front of the aircraft with the aircraft running, period? Relaxed tarmac ettiquete would be my guess.

Something about the story and how this reported doesn't sound right. Tell me this model didn't know the plane was running, for real?

Sounds kinda sketchy to me, details are fairly vague. The extent of her injuries are pretty severe though. Her left hand was severed, she suffered a skull fracture, has a brain injury (to what extent, I'm not sure) and could lose her left eye.

Lauren Scruggs Accident

ABC News Good Morning America Story

"They landed and Lauren was getting off the plane so they could pick up another passenger. It was dark… we are thinking that Lauren came back to thank the pilot, and didn't see that the propeller was winding down."
According to RadarOnline, Lynn Lunsford, Mid-States Public Affairs Manager with the Federal Aviation Administration, said the fact thar the propeller was still moving when Lauren got off the plane is key to the investigation. "It appears that the pilot left the engine running at idle while she exited the plane to switch places with another passenger. That's one of the aspects of the investigation," he said.
Edited by peterose313