Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

The New "Banks" of America

3 posts in this topic

I'm sure most of you have noticed the explosion of armed robberies at pharmacies across America. I read the heart-breaking story of the ATF Agent killed in the latest one in NY. If you missed it;

ATF agent killed in pharmacy robbery was picking up cancer drugs for dad:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/atf_agent_killed_drugs_pharmacy_Nfr2nKbBG6WmsPbdcQfiiP#ixzz1iSiTTMGf

God Rest, total tragedy as it seems like a friendly fire incident. This is what happens when a perp walks in and robs a place; even with a plastic toy gun that looks very real.

I remember reading about a pharmacy robbery spree in Myrtle Beach earlier in 2011. Some freak robbed a few CVS's before they finally tracked him down and locked him up. Luckily nobody was injured or killed during this sick man's robbery spree. At one of his heists, he actually jumped out the drive-up window to escape.

Then I find THIS joker today in the news out of Gaithersburg, Md:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/local/man-disguised-in-bandages-robs-gaithersburg-cvs-pharmacy-on-christmas-eve-010312

This seems to be a growing epidemic; an exploding crime wave across the country. Down here in Florida, with the New Year, the state enacted a PDMP, making it the 48th State to have a monitoring program. We had "pill mills" down here, up in Broward, and Miami-Dade counties. So, they pass this law to go after these big operations, and you know what they did? The pill mills picked up operations.....and moved across state lines into Georgia. Pill Mills are feeding a drug fueled frenzy of "Hillbilly Heroin" that helped prescription drug overdose, overtake car crashes as the number one cause of accidental deaths in the country for the year 2011.

It seems to be a growing problem, and I'm posting this info to give our Brothers/Sisters in Blue just a friendly reminder to keep your heads up around those innocuous looking, but possibly very dangerous CVS's, Walgreens, and these Mom and Pop pharmacies, like the one the ATF Agent lost his life at the other day.

Seems to me a simple solution would be to start retrofitting these pharmacies with glass enclosures; like bank teller windows. But that would cost corporate America $$$, so they'll let it go on until the point of tragic ridiculousness, public outrage, or legislation. Don't count on the latter anytime soon.

One crime problem dissolves, and another seems to grow in it's place. Stay safe out there, these people are so hooked they'll pull off acts of desperation; that wind up with more people getting killed. Let's pray that 2012 is less tragic for our Brother/Sister Police Officers. God knows 2011 was a disaster.

But something has to be done with these pharmacies; fortify them or something. What do the LE members here think?

billy98988 and islander like this

Lets not forget the four people executed out in Medford over the summer in another pill heist.

helicopper likes this

George "efd..", I heard that very sad story about the ATF agent, former War Vet being shot and killed on the radio. It sure is a sad story. Picking up meds for his sick father, who was also a NYPD retired Police Officer. As I remember the story, he had just lost his wife also. And now to think some scumbag took his son away too.

I have no use for these people. I have two nephews, one died of a drug overdose on Christmas a few years ago, and his brother is still using. He goes to the hospital ER all the time to try and get pain pills. He's always given me a tough time, spent several years behind bars for stealing, and totally ruined my parents house that we let him stay in because at one point we tried to help him. He's been fired from every job he ever had. Basically, a useless piece of $hit.

And now we read about all these pharmacy robberies and a True American dying because of some scumbag here right in our own country. Plus the other incident that ny10570 talks about claiming four lives.