Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve

Manhattan 3rd Alarm 1/3/12

11 posts in this topic

INWOOD — A massive fire tore through an Inwood building late Tuesday night, sending more than 100 firefighters racing to the scene, officials said.

The blaze erupted inside a two-story building at 4945 Broadway, near West 207th Street, just after 11 p.m., part of a row of commercial buildings, according to the FNDY.

To see some good photos click on -

http://www.dnainfo.com/20120104/washington-heights-inwood/massive-fire-rips-through-inwood-building/slideshow/popup/146857

Dispatchers on duty:

JBE had the tour,

251,253,277,284, and 769(Brand New Probie)

We got hit with an all hands, about 5 minutes before this one came in, down on Fort Washington Avenue and W 161 St.

Watchline was going till about 4:30 Wednesday afternoon. Temperatures go down, aerial ladders go up. Jinxed myself really good last night.

Edited by JBE
Fireman488, sfrd18, TAPSJ and 2 others like this

I have an I/A for this fire...will be posted in the morning. I'm tired.

Really nice work by dispatchers and firefighters.

TAPSJ likes this

I smelt and saw the smoke driving home from the Bronx on the Deegan, looked like a good job from a far.

Dispatch. And fireground audio posted on nycfire.net

Where do you click for the audio? I can't seem to get it to come up.

I was working and knew it had to be something big to disrupt service on the A line. Came over transit radio as heavy smoke in the system blocking view of the signals. Now I can see why.. 207 street station the last stop is underneath/in front of this building. You can see the elevator in on photo

Its a yoga studio that also branched out into other lifestyle avenues. They held organic cooking classes, local artist fairs, etc. Even if its not your thing, they were an asset to the community.