Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firedude

Lack of Snow this Winter

6 posts in this topic

It's certainly not helping tourism out in any way. I have some fam members out skiing in Vail, Co. They're hurting big time out there since they've not had snow since the end of November.

It's not good for them they obviously have a drought, however in the Hudson Valley we continue to receive plenty of rain.

I hope it eventually snows like it never has before...except for here. ;)

I feel for the industries that rely on snow. I remember a couple of years ago they were saying it was the first time that every state had an accumulating snow on the ground all at the same time. Now some are screaming for just a few inches. Weird weather pattern.

I am not advocating for or against human influence global climate change. I am only pointing out that global warming does not mean warm and sunny New England winters. It means fluctuations in expected weather patterns. In theory last years snow on all 50 states was just as much global warming as this year Texas having more snow on Christmas than some ski resorts.

SRS131EMTFF likes this

I am not advocating for or against human influence global climate change. I am only pointing out that global warming does not mean warm and sunny New England winters. It means fluctuations in expected weather patterns. In theory last years snow on all 50 states was just as much global warming as this year Texas having more snow on Christmas than some ski resorts.

And we say Amen.