Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

YFD Hiring Info?

20 posts in this topic

Ah, hope I stuck this is the right place, but I'm looking for YFD info, hiring that is. Any words about that?

Well I took an exam in June and a the fitness part in last fall but I havn't heard a word yet. Just wanted to know if they were going to hire anyone soon?

I dont think so. You may be waiting for a long time, If I'm correct I think they are still working off the old list? BillFitz can you confirm this?

The old list expires in June. The new list will pick up then. No word on how many and how long it will be before they need to pick up another class. This is all second hand info, so please, correct me if anyone has better info.

Thx for the information fellas

Last I heard.

The new list is compiled and ready to come out and I believe the canidates on the new list have been notified as such, BUT not given their final score or final ranking. Yonkers Civil Service cannot officially release the new list, until they hire the next 12 canidates on the current list, by order of the U.S. Justice Dept.; due to the fact that a female canidate is currently #12 on the list. I do not know what this means for any canidates #13 and beyond, should any of canidates #1 thru #12, not take the job.

So the current list will not expire until the 12 are hired (which will not be until they have 12 vacancies to fill, don't know how many there are now; the city recommended cutting 6 FF positions through attrition in the upcoming budget, so if that should happen it would definately delay hiring the next 12 canidates). When the 12 are hired that list will expire and the new list (waiting to come out now) will be established and be valid for 2 to 4 years. My guess it will be a 2 year list; especially if this current list was intended to only be 2 years.

has anybody heard any updates on this list? is this female candidate suppose to be giong into the academy anytime soon, so the new list can finally come out? please let me know if anybody heard anything..thanks!

when is the next Yonkers written test? is it every 4 years like the county?

when is the next Yonkers written test? is it every 4 years like the county?

At this point a next test is several steps away. There is still a compiled list that has to be released. I would think that a new test would be two years later at the earliest.

i know i already asked this, but i guess it wont hurt to ask again. but has anybody heard any updates on the last yonkers fire list? i know it was compiled and ready to come out but got pushed back because of the female candidate from the old list, but has there been any word on that or some updates because i havnt heard anything for a while now? any information on this is appreciated! thanks!

So this topic has been dead for a while.....

........anything new???!!!!

So this topic has been dead for a while.....

........anything new???!!!!

i wish...from my knowledge...its going to be a dead issue up until they finally get that candidate into the academy, so they can then finally activate the new list, and hire off of that.

But wouldn't that old list with that candidate have expired by now? Or has legal action changed that?

Edited by 23piraf

But wouldn't that old list with that candidate have expired by now? Or has legal action changed that?

this is what i heard, but dont quote me on it, ... the old list expired months ago, and the new list was suppose to have already been activated with a class ready to go, but because of that other candidate off the old list taking legal action, it has pushed back the new list until they put that other candidate into the academy. after that, the new list will finally come out and be activated.

this is what i heard,  but dont quote me on it, ... the old list expired months ago, and the new list was suppose to have already been activated with a class ready to go, but because of that other candidate off the old list taking legal action, it has  pushed back the new list until they put that other candidate into the academy.  after that, the new list will finally come out and be activated.

i also hear that it could be soon, well, within the year at least...but again, this is all just word of mouth....if anyone has any new and good correct information, please let me know! thanks so much

i also hear that it could be soon, well, within the year at least...but again, this is all just word of mouth....if anyone has any new and good correct information, please let me know! thanks so much

not knowing anything else, it makes some sense to me from a legal standpoint, eveything being put on hold.

has anyone at all heard any updates on this list yet?

Any new list will not be valiated untill Yonkers offeres the 12 positions. thats what the Department of justice has stated. The number 12 canadate has to be offered the job. when that happens the list will no longer be valid and any subsecuence list will take effect. how long that will take is any bodies guess.

The rumor mill is spinning like crazy around here, specualtion and all. Murmers of a new fire department at ridge hill, hiring 40 and so on. Does anyone have any more info? I've been hangin around till some older list expires. When was the test given for this previous list? Is time up for what?