Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CAM502

I hate Nextel...........

11 posts in this topic

Well it's more love-hate if ya know what I mean. Anyone else getting real tired of Nextel and their dropped calls. Maybe it's just a southern Westchester thing but lately you will dial a number, it will ring (if your lucky), and then dead air. Well not totally dead. Through some thorough testing of the situation I've found that digital signals come through but not analog; or at least I think :-k that is the case.

You see, if you get the problem I am talking about and you hit a touch-tone on your cell it will go through to the other end. But if you talk into either end or hit the touch-tone on the landline side, nothing. Zip. Zilch. :sad:

This coupled with the usual dropped calls, and sh**ty customer service is really starting to get me PO'ed. Just wanted to know if others had the same problems and what they thought of Nextel in general. When it works right I love it but when it does this crap I wanna :chainsaw: .

Ok I'm done thanx for reading my BS.

Wow I thought it was just me!! Yes lately this has been an issue. All you get is dead air--if you hit a key it goes through but no voice either way--if you wait a few seconds or so--it does come back--it is a pain in the a#$ though!!!

Gotta call up Nextel and complain--after enough of us do they usually send someone out to verify the problem. BTW I am usually in the Cortlandt/Mohegan area when this happens.

I havn't had any serious service issues, but I certainly have had some issues with their BS customer service. I recently had and issue with som additional charges and they weren't sympathetic at all.......unfortunatly, I love my Nextel and its direct connect. It would have to get a lot worse for me to dump it.

One note.........we need some newer smaller phones!!!! When are some new ones due out?

search 5771051287 on ebay for pics of nextel 1930 due out in may.it has WINDOWS

I think that I've heard every month that its been due out "that" month. I'll believe it when its on the store shelves. No one seems to have pictures of it other than the handfull that are floating on the net and all are slightly different from one another. I've heard its not gonna be out till the fall now, too.

I agree....if it weren't for direct connect I would have gotten rid of it long ago.

I heard that the problem with the "dead air" could be as a result of the merger with Sprint and Nextel. There is apparently some work going on looking at switiching them both over to the same network.

I heard that the problem with the "dead air" could be as a result of the merger with Sprint and Nextel. There is apparently some work going on looking at switiching them both over to the same network.

Don't think this is the reason. Nextel is IDEN, and Sprint is CDMA I belive. Those two networks can not be combined. The "word on the street" is they will be putting out phones that can work on both instead of trying to combine the different technologies. Any Nextel tech employees out there??

I heard that too about the phones but who knows if I'm right....

There are two different systems being used between Sprint and Nextel. Sprint is CDMA, and Nextel is iDen, which is older and was proprietary for quite some time. The iDen component is going to be phased out in favor of CDMA, which is more prevalent, and there are plans to introduce dual (and actually tri-mode) phones during the switchover. Unfortunately, those of you who RAN out to buy your super-de-duper NASCAR picture Nextels will be SOL fairly soon, as the intention is to phase out the iDen portion fairly rapidly.

Unfortunately, those of you who RAN out to buy your super-de-duper NASCAR picture Nextels will be SOL fairly soon, as the intention is to phase out the iDen portion fairly rapidly.

Next you are going to tell me, my gun rack on my pickup is being recalled. :twisted: