Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DWC295

Boston 7 alarm fire 4-1-12

4 posts in this topic

Busy day in East Boston today! Link to good video and photos.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGCRJqryYi8&feature=share

boston.com/news/local/gallery/east_boston_fire/

sfrd18 likes this

I have to say good heads up by the MPO of Engine 56 going right for the deluge gun to attack the fire. Many of us who are in the old "mill" cities, towns and villages along the North East of the country will face exactly what Boston faces, these tighty packed buildings with little to no room in between them.

Edited by IzzyEng4
sfrd18 likes this

Sounded like a tough fire over the radios. It went to 7 alarms pretty quickly. First in companies were faced with heavy fire in a 3-brick w/exposure problems. Boston's bravest did one heck of a job, as did M/A from the surrounding communities. One of the initial Ladder Companies on scene pulled their crew off the roof right before it caved in. Also, the Rescue on the Box, Rescue 2, had to come clear across the city as Rescue 1 was on another call. Once again, great work BFD!

Pic's:

http://www.box714imaging.com/FirePhotography2012/Boston-7-Alarms-330-Chelsea/22232290_Hvk5FG#

http://billnoonanfirefotos.smugmug.com/Other/7-alarms-East-Boston/22232379_9vTmsd#!i=1775820911&k=JmvHvx7

I have to say good heads up by the MPO of Engine 56 going right for the deluge gun to attack the fire. Many of us who are in the old "mill" cities, towns and villages along the North East of the country will face exactly what Boston faces, these tighty packed buildings with little to no room in between them.

Amen to that!