Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FFD941

Firefighter v. Firefighter

9 posts in this topic

My apologies if this has been posted before but I just came across it today on one of the fire service blogs I read daily, Excessive Leather Accessories for Firefighters;http://elaffhq.com/. The video was also posted on STATer911.com While this video can be portrayed in a few different ways, I'm posting it for a laugh.

The Video shows a volunteer member from Long Island running from his vehicle to the station to get on the engine. Enjoy!

Edited by FFD941
sfrd18 likes this

Post successful, I laughed...

While obviously very humorous, he violated a major rule in the fire house in my opinion. Much like when you are at the pool, no running, if you slip and fall the risk of hurting yourself is too high. There is no call in the world that is worth tripping, falling and striking your head on the side of the rig or the ground.

According to NFPA, from 2008 to 2010, 25% of all firefighter injuries were from "Fall, jump, slip, trip". Go slow and hopefully you can catch yourself before you fall so you don't get hurt.

8,210 falls with inuries were reported by the NFPA between 2005 and 2009, thats over 2,000 injuries from falls a year. Again, go slow, maintain your balance and avoid being a statisitic, maybe then you can fight the fire.

sfrd18 likes this

This video is from our own locally grown firefighters from Islip,NY

Nice! :lol:

Almost happened to me once.

Hey, that is why you need to look when your going ito the firehouse for a call!!! DUH! LOL

sfrd18 likes this

Hey, that is why you need to look when your going ito the firehouse for a call!!! DUH! LOL

Hey, I was just walking into the garage between the door and the back of the rig(wasn't going on the call) and just as the rig was pulling out, this guy came out of nowhere doining his turnouts to get on board and nearly plowed into me.

Just goes to show you, as a firefighter, you should always keep your head up and stay alert!(LOL!)