Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

United Healthcare Class Action Settlement

9 posts in this topic

Some will remember the discussion we had a while back about a Class Action Lawsuit against United Healthcare. I am please to report; those who bothered to fill out the forms and mail them in, should be receiving a check soon. I received one today. While not for the full amount originally declared to be available to us, it is found money. I'm definitely not complaining.

Good luck all.

Dang, I forgot all about that. I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Honestly, I don't even remember what the full amount was.

Edit:

I also got the check today. It's almost laughable for the amount of my "pro rata share".

Edited by TRUCK6018

The estimate was $750. I got enough for 43.75 gallons of 87 grade gasoline.

PS: A very big thank you to the New York State Police and Fire Retirees Association, for originally posting the info about this Settlement on their site.

Check what the lawyers got... It's always a better slice...

(*)

Ah, I got enough for less than 3 gallons.

Ah, I got enough for less than 3 gallons.

Behold the powers of "Hope and Change!"

efdcapt115 likes this

$117.05, or about 1 one-thousandth of the unsettled part of my surgeons' bills..........

but on the plus side, another surgeon told me last week that, starting this week, Westchester Medical Center will again be "back in network" with the Empire plan Blue Cross/United Healthcare combo.

.....starting this week, Westchester Medical Center will again be "back in network" with the Empire plan Blue Cross/United Healthcare combo.

It's true. From the Empire BC/BS website:

We are pleased to announce that Empire BlueCross BlueShield and Westchester Medical Center have reached agreement on a new three year contract that will be effective April 1, 2012. Westchester Medical Center will now be in-network for all Empire commercial benefit plans. This includes HMO, POS, PPO, EPO, and Total Blue plans. Westchester Medical Center will also be in-network for Empire’s Child Health Plus and Healthy New York Plans from April 1. Please note, the agreement is effective April 1 so please continue to use alternate facilities for non-emergent services until April 1 as Westchester Medical Center will be out of network until that time.

As a reminder, Westchester Medical Center remains a participating provider for Empire’s Medicare Advantage HMO and Medicare Advantage PPO plans. That relationship continues uninterrupted.