Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x4093k

Yonkers Fatal Fiery Accident 4/6/12

8 posts in this topic

I kind of don't understand why this was posted in The Lounge forum, but no matter. Having spent about fifteen years in the taxi business -- as a driver, dispatcher and manager -- I can tell you I feel sick everytime I even think of this incident. What a horrible accident. In that business this is about as bad as it gets.

I really hope that poor woman was unconscious before the fire started. The photo of the car crushed up against the divider seems to show very little survivable space in that back seat.

I'm attaching the article from today's Journal-News. Basically the same as yesterday's article but updated a bit. Mostly that the ME has determined the identity of the victim but had not reached next-of-kin as of early this morning.

http://www.lohud.com...y,%20New%20York

Edited by tommyguy

News 12 said that she may have been backing up to get off the exit.

Meaning the livery driver was backing up, right? The woman killed was reported to be the passenger in the back seat.

News 12 also said that the car hit the trucks gas tanks, when in fact there are no gas tanks on a truck.

x129K likes this

News 12 also said that the car hit the trucks gas tanks, when in fact there are no gas tanks on a truck.

Nit picking a bit? Seing as how gas tank has become synonymous with fuel tank to the masses, everyone watching knows exactly what they mean when they refer to the truck's gas tank.

News 12 knows about as much as we do, we can collect as much info as they can. Only the police and possibly the FD that was O/S really knows the details on what happened, just reminding you that News 12 may not always be reliable. This was a livery cab the driver was seen pacing outside of the scene, while the passenger was trapped inside. She(the victim) was not the driver of the vehicle at the time of the crash.

Edited by x4093k

While you have to feel for the family of the woman, Anita Williams-Eiene, 27, of the Bronx, you can not forget the two drivers that have the haunting thoughts that in some way their actions, right, wrong or indifferent, attributed to this young womans horrible death. While we can all Monday morning quarterback this tragic accident with all the hearsays and third party info the fact is it does nothing to bring her back or change the situation. Only after a complete accident investigation will there be any answers as to how and why it happened and who is at fault.

May Anita Williams-Eiene rest in peace.