Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vfd2482

Valhalla Engine 84 Wetdown

6 posts in this topic

Valhalla Engine Co. #1 will have a "wetdown" for our 2004 American LaFrance pumper. The date is 5/27/05 at 7:30pm. Location is 1 Entrance Way, Valhalla NY. All are welcome. Stop by if you can.

what is excaly a wet down?

It's like a christening of a new piece of apparatus. However, after the rig is blessed the water doesn't end with just the sprinkling of the rig. There's water fights and other assorted fun stuff.

Will this be an actual wet down--or a dry down? Haven't been to a real wet down in years--definately not an evening one --that would be awesome

I think the days of a real "WET"down are behind us all. I invited e-86 to come, since they let us take it for a spin while deciding on an ALF. They are bringing e-86 with them. this worries me. But I feel it's all good as long as no one gets hurt.

On Saturday, June 4, 2005, at 1900 hours, the David B. Roche Vol. Fire Co. is having a "real wet down". To clebrate the delivery of there new KME Pumper, 26-1500. There will be food, drink, a live band, and alot of water.

This is taking place at the Thiells FD sub-station located on Hammond Road, in Thiells. Adjacent to North Rockland High School. Exit 13 off the Palisades Parkway. All are invited. =D>