Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ny10570

Yonkers shootings

5 posts in this topic

So it looks like Spring has sprung in Yonkers with re recent spate of shooting popping up. I was wondering if YPD was still using Shot Spotter. Is it working and are there plans to roll it out across the city?

Spring has definitely sprung in Yonkers.... we have had 3 shootings in the last 36 hours. The shot spotter has been up and running for more than a year now. With these last 3 shootings there were multiple calls from multiple sources as well as shot spotter activations. As far as putting it city wide, I haven't heard any plans for it nor do I see the need for it to be set up on the east side.

It's a good tool for us to use especially when the locals " don't want to get involved." There are times where we hear the shots while on the road and we never get a call from a civilian so getting a heads up from the shot spotter gives us a good chance at getting there and getting the perp.

BFD1054 likes this

They Just did a story on the Ch 7 news about the shootings. The News stated the shootings were due to a debt between 2 gangs over a dice game..

Mayor mike whats the community of southwest yo to "help" them, however IMO how can the community trust you and help you when you are going to lay off YPD officers???

Chris

Directional microphones connected to a computer that triangulates the position of the origin of the sound, over a fixed geographical area.

sueg likes this