Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Monticello Mayor punches officer during a dispute is arrested 7/4/12

2 posts in this topic

Unreal!

Monticello mayor charged, police call for resignation

“There was some pushing and shoving inside the store between all the parties,” Johnstone said.

After removing the couple from the store, police say the argument got heated again, at which point Jenkins, who was pushed by the man, threw a punch, which accidentally hit an officer. Jenkins denies the allegations.

The incident fueled an already tense relationship between the Mayor and police department.

Jenkins, who pleaded guilty to selling counterfeit sneakers at his store last year, heads a police commission monitoring the department’s spending and complaints.

The police union is calling for his resignation.

http://hudsonvalley....or-resignation/

BFD1054 likes this

Jet,

I too read this article and was disgusted.

This "man" calls the Police to report a disturbance at his store and ends up in the middle of the scuffle? Why not just leave it up to the professionals, the PO(s) who responded to his call? Maybe because he thinks he can do whatever the hell he wants to do as Mayor?

He not only gets in the middle of this nonsense, but ends up injuring a police officer in the process! Im certainly glad that he was properly charged, i just hope the charge sticks.

The article also states that he plead guilty on charges of selling counterfeit sneakers in his store. Sounds to me like this guys ethics are certainly questionable, no?

The article also states that he "heads a police commision monitoring the department's spending and complaints." Now, i would assume that this is part of his role as Mayor. However, for someone who has had his own run-ins with the Police, he has no business overseeing such a comminsion in my opinion.

I for one wouldnt want this clown overseeing anything, much less a Village government.

FFFORD, efdcapt115 and JetPhoto like this