Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SOUSGT

3 children electrocuted while swimming in lakes.

3 posts in this topic

It appears that the electrical service to a houseboat may be the cause. Many marinas provide electrical power to boats. Are these connections inspected and maintained on a regular basis? Electricity and water is a disaster in the waiting.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/04/12565187-3-children-electrocuted-while-swimming-in-lakes-3-drown-in-river?lite

Im leaving in a few minutes to head to my friends Lake House for the weekend...not the thread i wanted to see/read lol.

All seriousness, definately a scary thing that many people wouldnt think of. Ill be more cognisent of my surroundings in the water from now on.

RIP to the victims, what a horrible tragedy. Thoughts and prayers to the others who were injured, as well as their friends and families.

Edited by BFD1054

its sad to seee. especially when its probably caused by a careless mistake. Groudning is key with anything to do with boats. typical marinas have gfi breakers right where the boats plug in. this being private don't know. But 9 timws out of 10 if its a fire on a boat its from improper grounding or poor house keeping in the engine room/compartment.

BFD1054 likes this