Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anesti

60 Control North Zone /South Zone Fire Trunked

8 posts in this topic

I know dispatch is another frequency. And on the trunked you hear signing on and responding. Now if i assume northern westchester units use north zone and southern units use the south zone is that correct.

Than is correct, although there are some exemptions primarily regarding the paid departments.

Than is correct, although there are some exemptions primarily regarding the paid departments.

Ok thanx, another way i can hear the actually dispatch. Its low band so im not getting it on my scanner??

There's another thread on cross band repeaters. Many of those frequencies are repeating the 46.26 low band channel. You should be able to get one or more of those to work for you.

I know dispatch is another frequency. And on the trunked you hear signing on and responding. Now if i assume northern westchester units use north zone and southern units use the south zone is that correct.

Normally that is correct, but not always the case.

The North Zone has six tower sites with six frequencies, and the South Zone has three tower sites with six different frequencies. All radios assigned to the System work on the System as a whole, not XFD is dedicated to the North Zone and ZFD is dedicated to the South Zone. All radios are affiliated (recognized) by the tower with the strongest signal strength back to it. If a unit from a North County FD travels to a South County location it will become affiliated with a South Zone tower and transmit off of the South Zone frequencies to communicate on the TalkGroup it's radio has selected. The end user will not know which frequency or which Zone he is transmitting off of. An example would be if White Plains FD were to operate in the area of I287 & I684 it may be operating off of either the South Zone (Valhalla-Grasslands or Port Chester-Summit Ave) or it may have a clear signal up I684 to a North Zone tower (Bedford-Fox Lane). So, although it would appear that WPFD would be a South Zone FD, it could be operating on either Zone.

Normally that is correct, but not always the case.

The North Zone has six tower sites with six frequencies, and the South Zone has three tower sites with six different frequencies. All radios assigned to the System work on the System as a whole, not XFD is dedicated to the North Zone and ZFD is dedicated to the South Zone. All radios are affiliated (recognized) by the tower with the strongest signal strength back to it. If a unit from a North County FD travels to a South County location it will become affiliated with a South Zone tower and transmit off of the South Zone frequencies to communicate on the TalkGroup it's radio has selected. The end user will not know which frequency or which Zone he is transmitting off of. An example would be if White Plains FD were to operate in the area of I287 & I684 it may be operating off of either the South Zone (Valhalla-Grasslands or Port Chester-Summit Ave) or it may have a clear signal up I684 to a North Zone tower (Bedford-Fox Lane). So, although it would appear that WPFD would be a South Zone FD, it could be operating on either Zone.

I see what you mean now cause i havent heard much of any units south of I287 on the trunked channels responding.

I see what you mean now cause i havent heard much of any units south of I287 on the trunked channels responding.

You should hear at least Rye, Larchmont, Harrison, Fairview, Town of Mamaroneck on the Trunked System, as they utilize it as their primary response communications system. I hear them all the time.

There an awful lot of dead zones in the northern parts of the county with no apparent plans to address that any time soon :X