61MACKBR1

Deep Purple Jon Lord Dead at 71

8 posts in this topic

Whats a real shame is that Deep Purple has been over looked for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. When some moron final realizes, hey Deep Purple smoke on the water I like that band lets put him them in. The shame of it all Jon Lord wont be there for it. RIP Jon

Westfield12 likes this

Great Keyboardist from a great band that brought you hits like "Smoke on the water" and "Strange Kind of Woman".

Great Keyboardist from a great band that brought you hits like "Smoke on the water" and "Strange Kind of Woman".

Not to mention the epic "Child In Time".

As far as Deep Purple and the Rock and Roll Hall of Shame...... It's more important for the likes of Run DMC, Madonna and Grand Master Flash in there.

Man could he play that Hamond organ! Truly a legend that will be missed!

"Feel it coming

It's knocking at the door

You know it's no good running

It's not against the law

The point of no return

And now you know the score

And now you're learning

What's knockin' at your back door "

(*)

antiquefirelt and calhobs like this

Man could he play that Hamond organ! Truly a legend that will be missed!

"Feel it coming

It's knocking at the door

You know it's no good running

It's not against the law

The point of no return

And now you know the score

And now you're learning

What's knockin' at your back door "

(*)

Probably my favorite DP tune. They've got a long list of great music, those that only know Smoke on the Water are missing out.
calhobs and IzzyEng4 like this

Probably my favorite DP tune. They've got a long list of great music, those that only know Smoke on the Water are missing out.

I agree, their whole catalog is amazing even up to the more recent albums. Ian Paice is the only constant member since the beginning and Roger Glover and Ian Gillan left but returned over the years and have remained with the band. It would have been nice to see John Lord back with the band one more time after her retired in 2002.

A loss for sure. Makes me realize how old I'm getting as the icons of my youth are all starting to pass on. Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, The Who and a number of other great bands from the late 60's and 70's have all lost founding or integral members in the last few years. Like the Jazz greats of my parents generation, ours is now losing the talent that made the soundtrack of our lives. Damn I'm getting old...and I realize it more and more every time I hear one of those great tunes as a commercial or TV theme song.

RIP Jon and thanks for the music and the memories!!

calhobs likes this