Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eng51ine

Westchester County Correction Officer Exam 2012

4 posts in this topic

I am looking for more information on the hiring process for the Westchester County Correction Officer. I know the basics, your put on a list and are ranked. Then there is a physical agility, medical, psychological, and background check. Anyone who took the exam should have already received there score. I am restricted because I am not old enough for appointment. Just wonder how it works when your not old enough? Also is there information if they are hiring anyone? If so, how many canvass letters are sent out? Also how far down the list do they go? Also how are the ranks chosen when people have the same score. Sorry but this is my first experience with a civil service exam.

x4093k likes this

When I retired from there last year there was an estimated few hundred people that are eligible to retire up untill 2015. I know a ton of people have gone so far this year so my guess is they will hire alot but the county is funny so you never know. As far as your age you best bet would be to call human resources for a definite answer but I do believe you can be procesed but not appointed untill 21. My son and nephew recieved his score on Saturday so the grades are going out. I suggest you take every test out there. If you want more information on the job itself feel free to send me a private message

BFD1054 likes this

Anyone who could help me i would really appreciate it. I recieved my score and i know people who got a lower grade than me but have a higher ranking on the list. What is the reason for that ?

Sounds like those people may be telling you a lie... a higher score means a better ranking on the list.