Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Hatzolah EMS members ticketed by Woodridge Police at emergency call

34 posts in this topic

Init915 I have seen doh stickers but never the name displayed are the ones near you displaying the names?

i dont understand in even nyc they don't get ticketed more. I mean running around in a minivan with reds and sirens is ridiculous.

nycmedic likes this

At the risk of beating a dead horse, an agency CAN, if they so choose, issue RLS to EVERY EMT and Medic in the agency. Is it good policy, no, but from a strictly legal standpoint, it can be done.

I am not argueing that point, my question is did they have the proper credentials? Is there more to this story? Did somebody report them driving like morons, which by the way, they do. I also know how they operate and agree with all the other posters that say they operate as they see fit and want to. They self-dispatch to calls 30, 40, even 50 miles from their base without being asked. As far as I am concerned, they are emergency chasers who just want to drive around with lights and sirens on. I see them driving with their lights and sirens in POV's just to bypass traffic all the time. I see some of their POV's lit up like Christmas trees. Was Hatzolah called for this emergency or did they self-dispatch? I can tell you this, they are in that area to serve the jewish communities and that locality has their own volunteer ambulance operation. Maybe they showed up unannounced and unwanted and finally ticked somebody off. I do not know the facts or answers...just saying.

I'm still wondering why these clowns haven't gotten a few new ones ripped by the state for heaven knows what shenanigans they have pulled. I did have an interesting experience recently while driving into work. I'm coming off of 17 and onto the Thruway at Woodbury or Harriman, or whatever that toll booth is. I see a bus behind me, L&S. I don't think anything of it, and happily herp a derp my way down the Thruway. I see the bus in my rear view, still responding to whatever. I still don't think anything of it. They finally pass me at the TZ and that's when I see the Hatzolah markings. I catch up to them somewhere in Yonkers, and follow them all the way into the city. Mind you, this is what, 40, 50 miles?? I see them getting off the Deegan at Van Cortlandt Park South. The first thought that went through my mind was, "What, they don't have a bus available in Riverdale.??? Such a thing.