Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FDNYDCHI

Yonkers Spending website

3 posts in this topic

Saw this on the city of Yonkers website that they started on the 13th of august

its "Yonkers Controls Spending" to be more transparent within the city. From the looks of it, Some of the "issues" on the website has to do with the YFD and overtime etc.

Here is the link to the site:

http://www.yonkersco....com/index.htm

Chris

Edited by FDNYDCHI

Looks like the website was created to bash YFD....

"No firehouses will be closed"?!?!?! That's the same line of crap that they tried on us in. New York City. "Back-up companies"? I haven't been around too long, but I've never heard of a "back-up company".......

.....oh, you mean the ladder company with an engine, or vice versa? Right...that's what I thought. There are many underhanded tactics, but this one is just plain lying. It preys upon the publics complete lack of knowledge of fire service practices. They never share that the two companies in a double house perform two separate and equally important functions. Why educate the electorate? Why when it's easier to keep them in the dark about what saves lives, whether it be the truck searching or the engine getting a line in place.

I wish we could get a good campaign out there to help people understand how we work and what we need to operate effectively.

Edited by M' Ave
SSweet88MonteSS and BBBMF like this