Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Yonkers PO's Serious Injuries (MVA with Extrication) Discussion

4 posts in this topic

Thoughts and Prayers are with the Officers who were injured in this unfortunate incident. Did the perp who the YPD were chasing ever get caught?

(PS - Sadly, the news media is all over this incident, showing interviews with on lookers who are telling reporters that YPD personnel "allegedly" did not go over to the civilian car until 15 minutes after the crash, to determine the condition of that individual. You would think that the News Media would be more sympathetic to the conditions of the officers. According to news reports, the individual who was fatally injured might have been drinking at a social function earlier in the evening)

Edited by 61MACKBR1

What I was told was that the perp was the one involved jn the MVA with the PD and was pronounced DOA o/s. I am not sure if that's 100% true but that's what I was hearing. Some great points brought up above.

A driver was killed early Saturday when the driver's vehicle crossed the double-yellow line on South Broadway and slammed head-on into a police car, injuring two officers, Yonkers police told The Journal News.

What a shame these two 3rd Pct officers were seriously injured. I hope they recover quickly and my thoughts go out to their families. I know guys on the job and they always say going home safely after the tour is completed is the number one priority. Sadly these two officers didn't get to do that.

http://www.lohud.com...dyssey=nav|head

Anyone who is "on the street" on South Broadway at 2 AM, I wouldn't give anything they say too much credibility.

x129K, BFD1054, redtruck75 and 2 others like this

More details emerging-

Officers from the fourth precinct were patrolling near Glenwood Avenue around 1:30 a.m. when they heard what they thought were gun shots and saw a 1999 green Honda Civic speed off. Someone in the area also called 911 to report the sound of shots. Police attempted to pull over [brandon Turner, 28, of White Plains] as he sped through Getty Square and drove on the wrong side of the street, police said. Turner then collided head-on with a marked police car near 87 South Broadway, the YWCA, injuring two officers from the third precinct, police said

http://www.lohud.com...dyssey=nav|head