Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve

Profile on Eastchester FD

4 posts in this topic

I was in Eastchester today, and observed the FD respond to a typical call. I noticed that each apparatus had two FF. Anyone have knowledge of the Eastchester FD. Are they fully paid or combo, how many firehouses, manpower, and an apparatus run down.

Thanks.

Eastchester is a combo department. They run 4 engines and 2 ladders out of 5 firehouses. E27 and 2302 are stationed on Main St, E29 is on Midland Ave with Spare L15, E30 is on Oregon Ave, L16 is on Underhill St. with Spare E28, and E31 and TL17 are on Wilmot Rd.

As for manpower, I believe they run with 2 members on each rig. The north end, E31 and TL17 has a 5th member, an officer, that usually rides on the truck.

Eastchester Fire Dept is a combination dept.

They run 4 Engines: Eng 27, 29, 30, 31 and 2 Ladders: Ladder 16 and TL 17. Reserve Engine 28 and I believe 32, Reserve Ladder 15, Squad Trailer, Car 2104; Volunteer Dep Chief, Car 2105-6; Maintainance, Car 2108 spare.

Car 2102 is Duty Captain, officers on Both Trucks.

Usual staffing is two men per rig, including a driver for the captain.

They operate out of 5 Houses:

Headquarters (Main St.): Eng 27, Car 2102

Tuckahoe (Behind Village Hall): Ladder 16, Reserve Eng 28

Bronxville (Midland Ave): Eng 29, Reserve Ladder 15

Chester Heights (Oregon Ave): Eng 30, Squad Trailer

North End (Wilmont Rd, across from Lord and Taylor): Eng 31, TL 17, Reserve Eng 32.

I believe I got it all down there.

Currently, I dont think that there is a Engine 32. 2102 responds to all calls. Engine 27, the rescue pumper, will sometimes have 3 men riding. Tower Lader 17 has the duty Ltu, and sometimes Engine 31 only has one man. 31 is also the mutual aid engine. EFD does EMS, with most members EMTs, respoding along with EVAC to most calls.

2101: Chief of Dept (ford sedan)

2102: Duty Capt. (suburban)

2103: Asst Chief (chevy sedan)

2104: Dep Chief (ford excursion)

2105: Repair Shops (ford pickup)

2106: Maintenance (chevy pickup)

2107: Fire Prevention (chevy sedan)

2108: Spare (suburban)