Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Does Anyone Have Any Experience Moving With Pod-Type Systems?

7 posts in this topic

Does anybody have experience moving with pod-type systems (PODS, Pack Rat, Uhaul UBox, etc)?

Anything I should know that they don't tell you, or watch out for? Good experience, bad experience?

pack it tight they can move alot. fill in the gaps and stuff. if your putting it on a ship make sure its a really really good packing job. the gantry cranes move them very fast about 1 a minute or so. they load and unload a ship in less then 12 hrs or so.

also inspect the container. it sounds funny but lock your self in. if you see light you will get some water in it.

If you live in the town of cortlandt section of lake mohegan the town of cortlandt requires you to have a permit if you have the pod on your property.

I used one when I was moving with a bit of an extended storage period in between. It couldn't be easier, P.O.D, that is. I don't know the rest. They came quickly, dropped the P.O.D. in the driveway. When it was full I called them back and they came in short order to pick it up. It spent a few months in a climate controlled warehouse in Rockland Co. without issue. I needed something from it once and with a couple of hours notice, they had my P.O.D. pulled and sitting in the parking lot for me.

It was easy and convenient, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

x4093k likes this

One thing to consider is where you are placing it while loading/unloading. I tried to get a pod-style container for storage during a remodel this summer. No one would place it on my gravel driveway... almost all of the companies stated that the pod had to be on concrete. Most would not place it on asphalt either.

Thanks, guys for the advice. Much appreciated.

I acually work for Go Mini's out of Patterson NY pier diem. We offer 4 different size containers, 8'Hx8'Wx8'L with 12',16' and 20' lengths as well. We can deliver as long as the area is semi- level and we can deliever on inclines. The only thing the company will not do is drive onto any lawns. For more info about our products you can find us on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/#!/GoMinisNY?fref=ts and on the web @ http://www.gominis.com/clancyfb/