Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

453.000 isn't working?

16 posts in this topic

does anyone know if west harrison took there repeter off the air because all i get is that cab co. and i dont have PL scanner to just to listen to that. so i was wondering if this might be true. can anyone help in give me a new repeter that i can hear from new rochelle ? ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

The Cab company is on the PL tone is even with a PL scanner you still hear them. Not sure if this Cab stuff is going over all of 46.26 system but it's on the 453.000 with the PL.

There are no other repeaters you will hear in New Ro.

Not sure if this Cab stuff is going over all of 46.26 system but it's on the 453.000 with the PL.

There are no other repeaters you will hear in New Ro.

is'nt that 453.000 west harrison freequincy don't they own that or something along thoses line

I heard last Thursday night that W. Harrison repeater was gone by order of the FCC, along with a fine.

Anyone know more?

I heard last Thursday night that W. Harrison repeater was gone by order of the FCC, along with a fine.

Anyone know more?

ohhh no i hope that not true cuz that the only way i can hear what going on in westchester that suck why don't they get rid of that damn Cab Co that what they should of done

Anyone know more?

This wouldn't suprise me...Here's the story I heard -

West Harrison put in the paperwork for the licenses, etc to get a crossband 46.26 repeater with a cirtain distributor based out of Bedford Hills. The person who was working on it got fired or laid-off, and with him, went the paperwork. When W. Harrison asked what was up with the repeater, this distibutor paniced, and put up an illegal, unlicensed repeater on 453.000.

Can anyone confirm this this to be true?

Anyone know more?

This wouldn't suprise me...Here's the story I heard -

West Harrison put in the paperwork for the licenses, etc to get a crossband 46.26 repeater with a cirtain distributor based out of Bedford Hills. The person who was working on it got fired or laid-off, and with him, went the paperwork. When W. Harrison asked what was up with the repeater, this distibutor paniced, and put up an illegal, unlicensed repeater on 453.000.

Can anyone confirm this this to be true?

yes it is comfirmed the west harrison repeater is no longer on the air :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Does that mean they got M-Scammed?

We had a similar issue with a different vendor and the same outfit tried (and never finished) correcting the license issue

from what i heard the FCC shut them down i like to know what am i going to do i live in new ro and i have no way to listen in to the fires

Here's the deal; We approached this certain company regarding a cross band repeater in April 2002. The "completed" project arrived around October 2002, with the temporary frequency of 453.000. The company claims that the FCC has slated us for a Dobbs Ferry PD frequency, upon the merge of Greenburgh's radios. Until recently, our set up was operational, until the cab company started providing interference.

Due to this, and many phone calls and yes threats of lawsuits and fines,(none received!!) the 453.000 repeater was placed O/O/S last Thursday, and replaced "temporarily" with 453.925. To my understanding, I believe YPD owns this frequency but hasn't relied upon it in almost 10 years ( if anyone has info, please provide). So for the time being, this is what our repeater has been programmed with.

I often wonder how said outfit in Bedford Hills is still in business.

Here's the deal the 453.000 repeater was placed O/O/S last Thursday, and replaced "temporarily" with 453.925.

dude i'm so happy you said this i was wondering how i was going to listen to the fire calls all the way from new rochelle

now i've got a question would i only here fire traffic on this freequincy or will i hear that Cab co. or something else :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw: :chainsaw:

EMS,

You will hear what ever is transmitted over 46.26 on that UHF link and vice-versa.

Regarding 453.000 I knew it was ILLEGAL from the day it was put in service so did a lot of others including the radio techs.

DON'T LET THEM FOOL YOU!

I hope the radio company is stuck paying the fines not the West Harrison FD.

keeping with the scanner questions does anyone have a repeater for for mamaroneck

Mamaroneck Fire, Police, EMS?

Mamaroneck Fire, Police, EMS?

no what i ment to said was does anyone know of a repeater so that when i'm in mamaroneck i can listen to all of westchester county fire traffic. in short when i in new rochelle i put in west harrison's repeater i can hear what goes on all over the county what i'm asking is if there is a repeater that i can listen to while i'm in mamaroneck that will do the same

ive try the west harrison repeater and i hear nothing so is there another one that i can listen to