Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ems-buff

how to start a poll?

18 posts in this topic

i see that at the bottom of the page you can see a list of thing you can and can not do and i was wondering how does one start a voteing poll?

I used to know but the option seems to have disappeared. Perhaps EMTBravo removed the ability to create polls. I haven't seen one in a while. I'm sure Seth can provide more information.

I used to know but the option seems to have disappeared. Perhaps EMTBravo removed the ability to create polls. I haven't seen one in a while. I'm sure Seth can provide more information.

do well know why seth took it off was it being abuse ?

becaue i have a really good question and i was thinking about puting it in the EMS forum it's about EMS week but being that people are already forgeting about it i have to figure out how to do this quickly

Why not just post it as a straight post and let people voice opinions. I can't find polling anywhere anymore.

i suppose i could but it take the fun out of it i'll give it a shot just make sure that you look in at the ems forum from time to time

I usually keep an eye on it. I'm a moderator after all. :wink:

that right i forgot for a sec. there

how does one become a modarater

Just my opinion, but I think we should conduct a poll to see have many people are actually interested in the LA FD link.

To answer some of the questions presented in this thread:

Polls are a moderator-only feature. This was done because people were using polls way too much,and mainly making polls just to make polls, without having a legitmate issue, which detracted from the more legitamate polls. Also, there was a slight software glitch with the polls, which is why it was completly turned off for a while. If you have an good idea for a poll, contact a moderator.

Moderators are appointed by me, based on member behavior on the board. This includes, among other things, knowledge of topics, being able to keepo the forum active and within rules, spelling and grammar, and willingness to help fellow forum members.

Just my opinion, but I  think we should conduct a poll to see have many people are actually interested in the LA FD link.

Wow. Of all the negative criticism I've been subject to recently via postings on this board and emails, this bothers me a lot.Just the way that was presented, jeesh. Kinda of a harsh way to present it. How about asking me why it's up there first?

I originally put that feed in to test a beta blog feed. I kept it up for a little while, and when I did take it down, I recieved several emails from members asking me to put it back up because they enjoyed it and seeing the interesting releases and activities of the LA City FD. If it's bothering people, then I will take it down.

BTW, what is your problem with the feed anyways?? Just scroll past it.....

Moderators are appointed by me, based on member behavior on the board. This includes, among other things, knowledge of topics, being able to keepo the forum active and within rules, spelling and grammar, and willingness to help fellow forum members.

I originally put that feed in to test a beta blog feed. I kept it up for a little while, and when I did take it down, I recieved several emails from members asking me to put it back up because they enjoyed it and seeing the interesting releases and activities of the LA City FD. If it's bothering people, then I will take it down

well first things first thank you seith for takeing the time to answer my question. an as far as the moderater question i'm geting better at the grammer and spelling lol but i still need some work . and also about the LAFD feed what about doing something like that for all kinds of EMS/FIRE major incedents not just in the LA but all over the US i think that that will make some viewers happy myself inculded

well first things first thank you seith for takeing the time to answer my question. an as far as the moderater question i'm geting better at the grammer and spelling lol but i still need some work . and also about the LAFD feed what about doing something like that for all kinds of EMS/FIRE major incedents not just in the LA but all over the US i think that that will make some viewers happy myself inculded

At issue is the availability of such a feed. LAFD makes major incidents like those in the feed available as a service to the public. I don't know the innerworking but a lot of "newsfeeds" use RSS. If there isn't an RSS feed for what you desire then it probably won't get done. If you are willing to do the legwork and find a newsfeed that does national fire/ems incidents, then by all means submit the link to EMTBravo for consideration.

The LAFD feed is syndicated off a BlogSpot blog.

We should start an EMTBravo RSS feed! :D

I'm going to do an x635 blog.

Hehe. This should be interesting. :-P

Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:29 pm Post subject: how to start a poll?

i see that at the bottom of the page you can see a list of thing you can and can not do and i was wondering how does one start a voteing poll?
The LAFD feed is syndicated off a BlogSpot blog.
should start an EMTBravo RSS feed!
I'm going to do an x635 blog.
Hehe. This should be interesting.

All I have to say about this is HIJACKERS [-X

LOL Truckie, that took quite a bit of effort to individually quote like that.

He must be bored again.