Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Milford fire board, union to talk about new car-use policy

3 posts in this topic

Milford fire board, union to talk about new car-use policy

Published: Wednesday, December 26, 2012

By Rich Scinto, Register Staff

MILFORD — The city firefighters union and the Board of Fire Commissioners have agreed it would be in the best interests of everyone to discuss off-duty vehicle use before it escalates to the state level.

Read more: http://www.nhregister.com/articles/2012/12/26/news/milford/doc50da6c6e74c6a246036082.txt

Some backstory, a few months ago MFD took away the take-home cars of a few individuals:

Batt. Chief of Planning

Batt. Chief of Logistics/Finance

Training Captain

Senior Fire Inspectors (Captains)

Fire Inspectors (Lieutenants)

There may have been one or two more that had them taken. The Chief, both Asst. Chiefs (Ops and Admin/Fire Marshal), EMS/HAZMAT/Safety Captain (that's all one job) all got to keep theirs due to the need for them to respond to emergencies. I guess the Board of Fire Commissioners didn't feel the need for those others to have take home cars. Whether or not that's true is up to somebody else to determine, I'm just filling in the blanks that the Ragister left out.

Edited by SageVigiles

Heheheh you said "Ragister!"

It's unfortunate but there is a lot of back and forth going on this. we'll see how it pans our. It just sucks for the Inspectors who need their cars to respond from a call from home now have to travel to HQ to get it even if they are passing the fire / emergency scene. We shall see what comes of this in the next few months.

And the new New Haven Avenue eastside fire station is still not open as of yet the last I knew.