Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LCFD994

Carmel Fire Dept. New Pierce Engine

17 posts in this topic

Carmel recieved there new Pierce pumper this past week. I dont have any details on it as of yet. I will update this as well as get some pictures for all. I know that it is yellow...yuck..lol

Good Luck with it ...........

go to www.tylerfire.com and they have a pic and profile on the truck..From what I remember it is a 2000gpm pump and 750 tank. Nice looking truck despite the color

I want photos! I swear they will be posted, it's just a matter of when, lol

I will try and get some tommorow or over the weekend.....

If not, I'll be up that way Sunday and I'll try to get some shots.

Well I took a bunch of pictures of there new truck, and sent them in to be posted, the countdown is on...lol

Anyways there truck is a 2005 Pierce. and will be numbered 12-2-1, and will be there front line attack pumper.

It is actually a nice looking truck despite being yellow. Some of the features:

2000gpm pump

750 gallon tank

15kw generator

Hydraulic Ladder Rack

TFT Hurricane 1250gpm remote control turrett ( real nice ) dont get into a water fight with them with this truck....

Thanks to Chief Earle ( 12-1-3 ) and Ex-Chief Efferen ( 12-stir-the-pot-1 ) for allowing me to take the pictures and being so hospitable...

Nicholass944 wrote

"It is actually a nice looking truck despite being yellow"

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get pix. Here's a question, what rig is it replacing?? 12-2-2 or 12-2-3?? Or, is it replacing neither??

They are still deciding that. More then likely 12-2-2 is what I am hearing...

I just got a good look at that rig. Only one critique that I can see. The flag on the grille has got to go. It's also nice to see they didn't go with the LED light package..

Quit picking on yellow, blue, green or any other non-red fire truck. The colour scheme does not fight fires, the firefighters do. If Carmel, Thornwood, Briarcliff, Tarrytown or any other department want to colour a new rig lavender over fuschia, who the hell cares? Truckies will still get to the roof, hose haulers will still get the water where it needs to be.

It's all about aesthetics, though. Red and Lime Green are recognized as FIRE APPARATUS COLORS!!! Fushia over Lavendar is pushing it a bit.

JBE

I don't think the colour of the truck is important. If a driver sees red and white lights in his rear view mirror, he should yield the right of way regardless of the fire truck's colour.

Normally I would say a color of any fire appartaus shouldn't matter, it's what they truck can do. But on the other hand I tihnk there is nothing wrong with a truck being any color a dept wants it to be. Plus if it's not red like most people want a truck to be it makes for a sharp looking vehicle. I love seeing trucks other then red because they stand out and look good, well most of the time. Plus it gives the buff's something to take pics of and makes for some talk about how interesting it looks

find me a kid who wants to grow up and ride on the big blue/green/lavander/perrywinkle fire truck. Its all about the big red fire truck. Red has alot going for it. Its the color of Mars the war god (we "fight" fires). Red is also associated with vigor, willpower, leadership, courage, valor, pride, and bravery. Lastly red is also a universally known as representing danger and stop. So come now all you depts out there eith your "unique" color schemes come on and join the cool kids. I'll buy the spray paint and we can fix this problem :D:D

perrywinkle? hmmmm thats a new one for a color...if a dept has it somewhere i'm sure it would be in Walden in Orange County. See as a kid growing up it wasn't about the big red truck..it was more about the big white truck since the engine co. some of my family members belonged to ran a white engine and white utility for a while. TO this day the truck is still white and where i'm at now our ladder truck is white. I don't know if kids care much about the colors more then they do about lights and sirens

Hence the color "fire engine RED"