Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saltygreyhound

FD Dive Teams

13 posts in this topic

I was wondering what fire departments in the HV region have Dive Teams? Im looking into what kinds of SOG'S you have for the dive team? What annual training you conduct? How often do you train? What must your divers have in order to be on the team? Any thing from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Also pm me if you are able to share your SOGS and/or equipment you have for dive operations ex. bc setups/masks/suits etc.

Reach out to the Yorktown FD, Somers FD and/or Irvington FD here in Westchester. I have seen the Yorktown FD SOPs and they're quite impressive.

jruff04 and fireboyny like this

Piermont FD, Sloatsburg FD, Stony Point FD and Thiells FD in Rockland all have dive or swift water rescue teams

Mahopac falls in putnam has one. They are who my dept calls and they always do a great job.

Ulster Hose in Ulster county along with the sheriff's department

The department I am in which is Mahopac Falls has one which covers most of putnam and occasionally goes out with Yorktown and Somers.. send me a message as to what you want and I will see what I can do.

City of Hudson also has a Dive Team.

After January 1, you can ask for Car 3, Chief DeMarco. :)

Here's a thought for a good New Year's resolution... Don't post something unless you know it to be accurate and you have the authority to do so. Speculating on what department has or does not have a dive team is NOT what this thread is for. If you don't know for certain, don't post!

Carry on.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

this is in reguards to????

It's in regard to posts that had to be deleted because they inaccurately reported agencies had dive teams or other resources but do not. The people that need to get the message, got the message (I hope).

When someone posts something inaccurate about an agency or their resources, we very quickly receive notification from personnel in authority reporting the problem and we remove the offending posts.

Saltygreyhound and Dinosaur like this

If is wasn't for rampant (and patently incorrect) speculation, we wouldn't have half the posts we have as it is! :-)

Here's a thought for a good New Year's resolution... Don't post something unless you know it to be accurate and you have the authority to do so. Speculating on what department has or does not have a dive team is NOT what this thread is for. If you don't know for certain, don't post!

Carry on.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

x129K likes this

If is wasn't for rampant (and patently incorrect) speculation, we wouldn't have half the posts we have as it is! :-)

Sad but true!