Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Testing To See If The Photo Upload System Is Working....You Can Test Here With Me Too

10 posts in this topic

Testing to see if uploading photos is finally working again (fingers crossed)

post-11-0-55348700-1366076624.jpg

Mount Vernon Engine 5 and Ladder 3

Photo by me

I can view it but our profile photos and other photos on the portal aren't visible. I can't upload anything above 2 megabytes so none of my photos will upload.

Edited by peterose313

I can view it but our profile photos and other photos on the portal aren't visible.

I should clear something up. For right now, profile and photos uploaded PREVIOUSLY to now are not uploaded back into the database. However, any photos posted going forward from NOW will upload and appear as normal.

I can view it but our profile photos and other photos on the portal aren't visible. I can't upload anything above 2 megabytes so none of my photos will upload.

Each of your photos shouldn't be more then 2MB per photo. That takes up an enormous amount of resources.

Each of your photos shouldn't be more then 2MB per photo. That takes up an enormous amount of resources.

2 megs is a really small image and reducing a photo that's 13 megs to 2 just to fit will kill the quality of the image as you're throwing out a ton of pixels. It was larger prior to the site crashing.

2 megs is a really small image and reducing a photo that's 13 megs to 2 just to fit will kill the quality of the image as you're throwing out a ton of pixels. It was larger prior to the site crashing.

I've never uploaded single files that large to this site and had an issue with the members noticing quality that much. I appreciate you wanting to post the highest quality, but with that comes a tremendous amount of storage and bandwith in our part to host a 13MB photo each.

I'll look into increasing it, but it's not going to be 13MB's either.

Let's not try to hijack the thread here...I need people to help me upload their photos to test some things so we could even have the discussion above in the first place.

Took this picture about two weeks ago from the upper parking lot at WCDES. It's not my best picture, but here it is for a test shot.

post-27-0-21731700-1366080961.jpg

JetPhoto likes this

Here is a better picture that I took on the Garden State Parkway on my way to Atlantic City back in February.

post-27-0-06223200-1366081276.jpg

JetPhoto likes this

Not a real FDNY ambulance, but being used on a movie shoot last week in Midtown Manhattan.

post-917-0-16250300-1366138268.jpg