Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
firemoose827

Putting Faces to Names

5 posts in this topic

I had the pleasure of meeting RWC130 yesterday in person, and got to see his 1974 Mack Engine (and ride in it, but he wouldnt let me play with the sirens...lol) It was a great truck and a great day. Happy to have met you brother, too bad Tim couldnt come with you, maybe next time.

Is there any events coming up for EMTBravo members to get the chance to meet each other?

Just wanted to share that and tell Rob good luck with the Mack and the refurb project! Look forward to seeing it finished.

Brian "Moose" Jones

pasobuff likes this

Depending on health and time, I'm planning on going to the Bedford Hills Parade, the Katonah FD Wetdown, and Fleet Day. I also hope to make some other events.

If anybody is going to these events and wants to meet up, PM or email me. I like putting faces to names as well, and hearing input about the site.

firemoose827 likes this

Seth, have we ever tried to organize a summer BBQ meet-n-greet event? Just make a list of food and beverage and have everyone attending bring one of those items (including paper plates and utencils) and pick a nice public park somewhere to have everyone meet. I feel it would be a good event. Everyone that has something could bring an outdoor activity with them like volleyball net, horse shoe set(s), lawn games for kids and what not for activities and it can be a family event.

Just one idea.

Hope you are feeling better too.

Brian.....I think that's a great idea and I've been trying to do that with RWC130 for a long time- but as usual it's something I've been procrastinating on, and now Rob has left the site. But I want to make it happen. It would have to be someplace central to all, and a good timeframe, maybe in the next few weeks during the nice spring weather before the busy Memorial Day/Graduation season?

Anyone have suggestions?

Some of the volunteer departments are fortunate enough to have some adjacent property that would be large enough for a gathering. Perhaps a get together could take place at one of the firehouses if the local gov't doesn't restrict it and if the paid guys don't mind a function at a voly house, ha ha.

Otherwise the County might have a park with an area that could be reserved for a specific function (like the big one in Lewisboro) since it would attract many FD members from around the County. What about utilizing space at the Training Center on a Sunday?