Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest mike

Most Respected Engine Or Truck In The Bronx?

25 posts in this topic

WHO IS THE MOST RESPECTED TRUCK /ENGINE IN THE BRONX ??AND EXPLAIN WHY

BRONX ENGINE 68 N.Y YANKEE PUMPER =D>

Squad 61

....i think mike wanted explanations also

Squad 61, it's pretty simple. Just look at the truck, they also take quite a bit of work. However Squad 61 is a squad not an engine, so my pick for engine would be 82 or engine 90. Ladder would be 31 or 38.

FDNY,

Squad is first an engine company. They run medical calls and First due engine boxes.

It's a super engine, and they also carry truck tools. I consider a squad to be between an engine and a rescue. Call it what you want.

Please tell me , How do you guys come up with some of these Questions- Who can say who is the most respected! Every Company gets respect. ](*,) :-k

Please tell me , How do you guys come up with some of these Questions- Who can say who is the most respected!  Every Company gets respect. ](*,)  :-k

Thank you for reading my mind.

Just to add to this, EVERY Company in the city is, for the most part, rich in a history of its own. Be it famous members, numerous medal winners, among the busiest in the city. I wouldn't say there is a most respected unit, because it's more about reputation than anything, and that can go either way.

You have firehouses that are well known for the amount of fires they catch, others that are known as "Country Clubs" or "Retirement homes" for the lack of fire. Houses where the members are gentlemen, and others that conduct themselves with a perceived prima donna attitude, or are disliked by other companies. You have houses that are mostly senior members and others that have younger members. It's one big happy dysfunctional family.

Each borough has its own unique characteristics.

Even the Dispatchers have the reputations.

Brooklyn: Fire, Fire, and nothing but, with a lot of young dispatchers who eat up the experience. They don't call it the Fire Capitol of the World for nothing.

The Bronx: Is, was, and always will be, a Senior Borough. Most of the Senior Dispatchers and at least three of the Senior Supervising Dispatchers in the job are up there.

Manhattan/Citywide: You want a little bit of everything, Manhattan is the place to be. To truly learn the ins and outs of the job, That's where you wanna go. If anyone knows me from my dispatcher days, this is where I made my name, or number, as it were.

Queens: A pretty fair mix of old and new. A lot of Senior people, balanced by the junior folks, and home to yours truly.

Staten Island: A unique borough to work in, with many geographical/resource challenges. This was once a place where a Dispatcher didn't even think of going to unless they had at least 5-10 years in the job, or they lived in SI. Most of the senior people there have retired, so there's been an influx of newer people, many of whom are residents of the Island and bring that knowledge to the table to be an asset.

i think i have asked this before, but does anyone know why 3 Truck is known as Recon Truck?

thanks and all have a good holiday

the reason for me asking this is that i like to see what you guys think , and how you come up with ur companys .just because they have a great looking truck or engine doesnt mean anything ,there are great companys in the bronx that do there work, have a great reputation ,where senoir guys that teach probies about company pride , how the firehouse works and everythnig to know about fires, thats what makes a great truck or engine company. and sqd 61 is not a truck or a engine company there SOC ](*,) ](*,)

While most of the trucks in the Bronx have very good reputations, in my opinion these have the best reps.

In no particular order:

Just my opinion.

i wud have to say engine 42...b/c they have a great rep and some really helpful senior guys!

i wud have to say engine 42...b/c they have a great rep and some really helpful senior guys!

You are 100% correct.

42 Engine is one of the best on the job. Great Reputation.

82 engine 31 truck... based on Report From engine company 82... alota runs in the war years built them up to the reputation of the present and future

FYI, REPORT FROM E82 IS A BOOK CONTAINING STORIES THAT ONE GUY TOOK FROM EVERYONE ELSE AND MADE THEM SOUND LIKE HIS. MOST ARE TRUE, BUT DID NOT ALL HAPPEN IN E82. E82 LIVES ON THE PAST AND IS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE.

SOME OF THE MOST RESPECTED ENGINE AND TRUCK COMPANIES IN THE WORLD ARE FROM THE BRONX. BRONX FIREMAN ARE KNOWN AS "GENTLEMAN" AND SOME OF THE BEST ON THE JOB. EXCELLENT TRUCK COMPANIES: 58, 44, 59,46. EXCELLENT ENGINE COMPANIES: 42, 43, 75, 62.

i agree with you on everthing diesel43 ,just to add a few trucks 32 56 to ur list and for engines 79,48 .and what he said about 82/31 they still think they are running around and going to jobs like its the 70's

i agree w/ mike and diesel..100%

E92, L44 did a detail there a couple months ago.......great bunch of guys. Nobody thinks 70/53 on the Island is respectable???? :wave: LOL

ladder 37/ engine 79 on briggs avenue are a bunch of really warm hearted guys, very welcoming

Diesel I'd be hesitant to to say things like "They are living on the past".... Nobody gets work like they used to...

how many times a week does 70/53 get out?

e 70 does about 200 runs, the truck did i think 96 last year