Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Westchester

Taconic Parkway wrong-way crash: Driver was 4 times above legal alcohol limit

2 posts in this topic

Holy Crap! I can't drink that much

"A 34-year-old woman who died Saturday was driving at four times the legal alcohol limit when she went the wrong way on the Taconic State Parkway and collided with another car, authorities said Wednesday.

Michelle Cio, who’d recently moved to Ossining from Tarrytown, had a blood-alcohol content of 0.32 percent, eclipsing the 0.08 percent limit, state police said.

“It’s highly unlikely for us to see individuals operating motor vehicles with this level of alcohol,” state police Maj. Michael Kopy said. “Fortunately, no one else was killed in this crash. This is a stark reminder of the problems associated with driving while intoxicated.”

A woman of Cio’s weight, 125 pounds, would have consumed an average of about eight drinks per hour to have a 0.32 BAC, based on the Widmark Formula, a standard scientific measure". Lohud.com

This is a disgrace ! I have no respect for this action ! Not only putting other drivers and passengers in danger, but first responders safety and mental health. This women doesn't deserve a wake or funeral with family and friends crying for her loss. I'm sorry but this is a waste of life.

But the focus is on the pot found in the car of the woman she hit!!! Go figure?? Intoxicated driving, wrong way on the highway hits a young woman heading home and the focus is on how she is the victim. Please give me a break.

Westchester, Medic137 and JM15 like this