x635

*Spy Shots* Next Generation Of FDNY Ambulances

35 posts in this topic

That is how it is in nyc. One or two stations may allow a unit to hang out at the station if their csl is with in three blocks of the station but that is not the norm.

Seriously? Personally I find that ridiculous. I'm sure you guys have a hefty medical call volume per unit. But to not get to relax in a station on down time is pretty BS to me. Especially if you're working 24 hour shifts. Houston FD houses ambulance and squads in their stations. They stay pretty busy too, but they aren't treated like that. Granted, HFD's EMS is fully incorporated into the fire dept and isn't exactly a separate division as most of the guys rotate shifts on the box.

Any updates on the International Ambulance's?

The first international is expected to reach NY September/October of this year.

They cover the logo's because they are NOT IN SERVICE. Thus, when they are being transported they cannot be flagged down at an emergency. No numbers on the rig also for the same reason. When they are being transported they are not carrying any gear, stretchers or drugs they are stocked in house when they are going into service.

Noone works harder in EMS than FDNY EMS. I know many EMT's and Medics. They are grossly underpaid and over worked. The only way they can survive is by working overtime and lots of it. It is a thankless job with few if any "good days". They deserve the best equipment available and they don't have it. God bless these unsung heroes!