Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Westchester County Fire List

9 posts in this topic

Just an inquiry about where they are on the current F/F list for the county...when i took the list a few yrs ago now...came back with a 95 #25 on the list...yes i do live outside of Westchester(Orange) and all i received was a Canvass letter from Mamaroneck...which i put didnt like the location..and ive heard nothing since..and this was Fall of '04...didnt know how many people have since been hired off of it..or where they are...thanks

if a job is offered,take it! its not like this happens everyday to get hired on with a fire dept. you can always go elsewhere once you are in the system!!!

Hudson has the right idea... its silly to not take a FD job b/c of

the location. who cares where you get on just get on and worry about your ideal place later.

im currently a Federal Firefighter and dont want to pick somewhere that wont benefit me....$$$ wise of course..and location.

I don't know how it works with fire but the way it works with the police is that once you state a reason for denying a department, that same reason is applied to any department comparible to the department which you denied. For example if you say that Mamaroneck is not a good location they will remove your name off the list of any other department the same distance. The same thing would happen if you selected pay as the factor for not being interested. They would remove your name off the list for any department who pays the same amount or less. It isn't a good idea to turn down one of these jobs at any time because you never know how it is going to affect you on the list for other departments.

I also don't understand why you didn't go through the academy and get on in Mamaroneck? Pay could be a factor but you could have laterally transferred into any department (any county) in the state retirement system.

it was one of those....lets see how i do on it...i already have 13yrs with the FEDS...and happy to see i did very well on the test...wanted to see what offers were out there...im guessing they already put in a NEW class for 2005

Does anyone know what # on the current list there up to as far as hiring..and did they put in a new rookie class in for 2005...last i know of was the class inteh fall...thanks

Many of the departments on the Towns & Villages FF list use a residence list ( test takers who list their address within that community). Those Combination departments will have anywhere from 12 to 60/70+ Career FF's. The turn-over with retirements and hiring could be once every 3-4-5+ years. TAKE ANY job that comes along and change later!

Does anyone know when the next open competive test is? For westchester or anywhere near the HV area.