AntMan

Seaside Park Boardwalk-Major Emergency Structure Fire(s)

35 posts in this topic

Some interesting points that I was curious if anyone had any info on, We can all critique this incident to no end but not being there its all easier to be an armchair quarterback. The fire marshalls were alerted for the accountability unit. Whats that entail? Also, I understand this goes outside most depts standard alarm policy, but why doesnt command/dispatch handle the incoming units/ stand by units as opposed to the Incident Commander? Also, was there a staging area set up for this alarm?

Also, they were drafting from the bay. after pumping would a fresh water flush out clean the pump enough not to destroy it or is there more to it? **Not a clue about drafting, never did it or had to.

Also, they were drafting from the bay. after pumping would a fresh water flush out clean the pump enough not to destroy it or is there more to it? **Not a clue about drafting, never did it or had to.

Fresh water flushing of everthing (pump, hose, nozzles, etc.) is fine as long as it is done till there is no more residue.

All ff's need to understand how to. Even major cities with municipal water supplies have needed to do it during major emergencies

Drafting in New Orleans after Katrina was a four man job, myself and three other guys knew how to do it! We had to teach the other guys. Great times!

fire2141 likes this