Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x152

BURN in Stamford (Updated With Message To Attendees)

17 posts in this topic

BURN at the Historic Avon Theatre in Downtown Stamford!

The Stamford Fire Fighter's Burn Foundation and The Stamford Fire Safety Foundation Fund are pleased to announce that we have scheduled a special Stamford screening of the feature documentary of the movie BURN.

In recognition of fire prevention month and in support of both Foundations, the screening will be held on:

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 at 7 PM at the Avon Theatre, 272 Bedford Street, Stamford, CT

The trailer for the film and additional information can be found at their official web site at http://detroitfirefilm.org

Tickets may be purchased online for $20 at our ticket web site at http://burnmoviestamford.eventbrite.com

Tickets purchased at the door will be $30 and cash only, we highly recommend that tickets be purchased online and in advance.

A post-movie gathering for all attendees and supporters will also be held at local restaurant and within walking distance of the Avon.

Please download a copy of this flyer and feel free to post in Stations, at home, or forward to friends or fellow Fire Fighters.

We look forward to seeing everyone on October 23rd at 7 PM!

post-3963-0-85167900-1379121529.jpg

sfrd18, captn54 and SmokeyJoe like this

We would love to see a response from our Fire Department neighbors in Westchester County (or further).

Even if you have seen BURN before, this is a great theatre and two great causes.

**We are also working on an appropriate gathering spot within walking distance of theatre for after the show.

If any Stations or Departments would like flyers to post, please PM me through this site.

Direct link to our online ticket site: http://burnmoviestamford.eventbrite.com

Perhaps even a special appearance by the great NFD2004 or Stamford's next generation KME severe service Engines?

Update: Thanks to the members of the Katonah, NY FD for their group ticket purchase for this event! Hopefully, other Departments will follow Katonah's lead and join us on October 23rd!

We have already sold 40 tickets to this event in only a few days. Please do not wait to the last minute to purchase tickets or hope to get them at the door.

Tickets can easily be purchased online at our ticketing site at: www.burnmoviestamford.eventbrite.com

We look forward to seeing everyone on October 23rd!

Even if you have seen BURN before, this is a great theatre and two great causes.

Direct link to our online ticket site: http://burnmoviestamford.eventbrite.com

Perhaps even a special appearance by the great NFD2004 or Stamford's next generation KME severe service Engines?

"X152", I don't think that NFD2004 is as Great as some may think.

But I do know this. The story is about the Arson plagued City of Detroit and the many problems they face today. If you haven't seen this movie and you have any understanding of the Fire Service, it is probably something you wouldn't want to miss. Anybody that I know who has seen it, has been pretty impressed. This will be my THIRD time seeing this movie.

Of course I'll be in Stamford. And for anybody who is looking for me, "I'm an old fat guy that will be wearing a blue baseball cap with red numbers "27" and a smaller "2" on it. That doesn't mean the squre root of 27. It represents FDNYs Bronx Ladder 27 section 2 from 1970 - 1972. When there were TWO fully manned Ladder trucks in that firehouse, because there were just so many fires. It was one of my favorite places to hang out when the Bronx was going through what Detroit seems to be going through now.

The movie is really good and the money is going to a good cause. I hope to see you there.

BUMPing back onto the main page....we are only a few days away, please don't miss the opportunity to see BURN (or see it again...).

Following the screening, we are hosting an after-party at Butterfield 8 and just a few doors down on Bedford Street.

Tickets $20 online at: http://burnmoviestamford.eventbrite.com or $30 at the door on the night of the event.

We hope to see everyone there!

Wednesday night in Stamford, promises to be a great night out! Come join us!

Even if you have already seen BURN, the Avon is a great historic theater and venue and with a good chance for rain, this is a great option for the night!

Immediately following the screening, we are walking just a few steps down Bedford Street to Butterfield 8 for a post-screening party and to watch the Sox win Game 1.

Tickets are only $20 in advance and $30 at the door. Please buy in advance and online at our ticket site at: http://burnmoviestamford.eventbrite.com.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

x635 likes this

Downloaded & distributed flyers however, I work nights & will not be able to attend. Will it be shown again, somewhere else?

Tomorrow night! Still tickets available, but they are expected to run out. Get yours now at the link above!

I just bought my ticket, and I hope to see some of you there!

Thanks Seth! Last minute ticket sales are good and we could be over 150 in attendance.

If you are planning on coming, PLEASE purchase your tickets in advance on our web site at http://burnmoviestamford.eventbrite.com ! It is quick, easy, and painless.

Everyone is invited over to Butterfield 8 immediately after the show for a post-screening party. Mention BURN and a portion of your tab will also be donated to the Foundations.

x635 likes this

The ole fat guy from the East Side of Connecticut is making the trip down there. Be wearing the blue baseball cap with the red number 27 and a small 2 next to it. It's doesn't mean the square root of 27. But if you already got a ticket and you're the first one to post what it really means or stands for, I'll meet you there and pay for your ticket. Or bring a friend, and I'll pay for their ticket. If there's any left.

You can still get tickets online all day and I would encourage people planning on attending to buy the tickets in advance.

We have a good amount of tickets already sold in advance and this should be a great evening out!

The Avon is a classic and perfect venue to watch BURN. Even if you have already seen it, this is a great spot to see it on the big screen.

Ticket site: http://burnmoviestamford.eventbrite.com

Let's make sure everyone can see this post so no one misses out....bump!

Thanks to Capt. Palmer and all the Stamford Firefighters that brought this film to Stamford, and having the proceeds go to such a great cause. To those who missed it, there were over 160 people in attendance in a beautiful theater in downtown Stamford. I wish it was a packed house, but the turnout was still absolutely great, and I feel bad for those who had to miss out.

The movie was excellent, what I liked most was it was more about the FIREFIGHTERS and CITIZENS of Detroit then it was about firefighting, at least in my eyes. I love how the story was told.

But one thing bothered me, from a firefighter standpoint, well, among many things, why couldn't they use the pump on the "Tac" units (Pierce Mini Pumpers using for manpower transport)? Because one of the upper ranks said so? So it had no hose, and they arrived at a fire where a 2 year old was trapped and they couldn't do anything.

I urge everyone who has the chance to see this film to GO SEE IT. It was great to see it on the big screen and support a great cause along with it, but I think it is or will be available on DVD or Digital Download.

A Message from Presented by The Stamford Fire Safety Foundation Fund and The Stamford Fire Fighter's Burn Foundation:

Dear Friends:

Thank you for your recent support and for attending the screening of BURN at the Avon in Stamford last Wednesday (October 23, 2013).

We had a fantastic response for the event and a very successful evening.

Together, we raised nearly $3000.00 to be split between the Stamford Fire Fighter's Burn Foundation and Stamford Fire Safety Foundation Fund!

This would not have been possible without the generous support of our friends and donors.

Thanks again for joining us at the Avon and for your continued support.

Sincerely Yours-

The Stamford Fire Safety Foundation Fund, Inc.

The Stamford Fire Fighters Burn Foundation, Inc.