Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x4093k

R.I.P Deputy Chief Jim Brown - Tarrytown FD

11 posts in this topic

It is with deep regret, that the Tarrytown Fire Department announces the passing of Deputy Chief Jim Brown. Jim died from a heart attack today, Jim was very active in Tarrytown FD. Please keep his family and friends and everyone at Tarrytown FD in your prayers.

Rest In Peace Chief Brown. Condolences to family friends and all at Tarrytown FD.

Wake services for Brown will be held Monday and Tuesday at the Dwyer Funeral Home in Tarrytown. Funeral services are scheduled for Wednesday morning.

Dwyer Funeral Home

90 N. Broadway

Tarrytown, NY 10591

Edited by x4093k

Rest in Peace Chief. Thoughts and prayers to his family and the Brothers and Sisters of Tarrytown FD.

Rest in Peace Chief Jim Brown. You were a very good fireman and a good father and a very good friend to my dad now you are both in heaven fighting fires in heaven with all ur fellow fallen brothers. My condolences to the family and fellow Tarrytown fire department members.

Thoughts and prayers.

My condolences to the brothers in Tarrytown, as well as to the Brown family. RIP...

Rest In Peace Chief. My thoughts and prayers to the Tarrytowm FD and to Chief Browns family, both at home and at the firehouse.

Does anyone have wake and funeral information we can post?

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/lohud/obituary.aspx?n=james-brown-jim&pid=168250946&fhid=2595

James "Jim" Brown Sr. (1948 - 2013)

Brown, Sr., James "Jim"

James "Jim" Brown Sr., a lifelong resident of Tarrytown passed away on Thursday, November 28, 2013 at the age of 65.Jim was born on November 10, 1948 to Kenneth and Eleanor Brown. He graduated from Sleepy Hollow High School in 1966 and worked for many years at Ciba Geigy. He was married for 42 years to Theresa Passariello Brown and had three children. Although his family was his first love, his involvement with the Tarrytown Fire Department was a close second. For 49 years, he was a member of Riverside Hose Company #4 and served as Fire Chief in 1990 and 1996. He was active in the Westchester County Parade Judges Association, as well as a member of FASNY and The Westchester County Fire Chiefs Association. Jim is survived by his wife Terri; daughter and son in law, Lisa and Joseph Pinzel; son Jimmy Jr.; youngest daughter Allison; and his pride and joy, his grand-daughter Abigail. He is also survived by his sister and brother in law, Doris and Joseph Mastropietro; as well as numerous loving relatives and friends. Visitation will be from 6-8pm on Monday, December 2,2013 and 2-4 and 7-9 on Tuesday,December 3, 2013 at Dwyer & Vanderbilt Funeral Home in Tarrytown. Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Transfiguration Church at 10am.Interment will follow at Sleepy Hollow Cemetery.

Dwyer & Vanderbilt

90 N. Broadway

Tarrytown, N.Y. 10591

914-631-0621

www.Dwyervanderbiltny.com -