Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LineCapt

Can Bee-Line Bus Drivers Monitor 60 Control?

7 posts in this topic

A friend who works for news station asked me about this on a tip she received about a Bee-Line driver listening to some sort of fire or police radio and texting while doing it. The rider apparently rides this line frequently and this happens all time, and the rider supposedly has video.

If this is true, what reason would a Bee-Line driver have for monitoring let's assume 60 Control? I figure IF this is true the driver is a probably a buff who is going to lose his job once this comes out. It's kind of a hard story to make up.

As far as I know bee-line does not monitor emergency dispatch (I would imagine if they did they would know when there is an accident on their route and wouldn't ask me what was happening). This particular driver she is POSSIBLY speaking of MAY be a person who runs a Facebook page.

x4093k likes this

Capt, a family friend of mine was a Bee Line driver for years, "Retired" last year. Bee Line was very strict on drivers using their phones for any kind of reason. She got in trouble one time just for using it parked, at a bus stop.

Buffing, texting and driving a bus load of people is just dangerous. Especially on some of the routes they have those buses take,

Keep us updated!

I recall seeing several stories about NYC bus drivers texting and driving. If there is evidence and this proves to be true, the Westchester news media is going to jump on this fast. I doubt it would be anyone who runs a Facebook page, as that person would be very visibly incriminating him or herself, especially if this person was working and texting and the times coincided. This person would have to be awfully stupid to think he or she could get away with this. And who knows what this rider saw...how do they know it was a "fire or police" radio and not related to Bee Line operations?

Buff or not, phones - either texting or talking - while driving are a no-no. At home, I listen to the Bee-Line trunked (good for knowing about traffic jams and disabled buses). They routinely talk about alternate routes due to accidents, fires, police activity, etc. I'd be interested to see the video to see what exactly the bus operator was listening to.

Liberty Lines has very strict supervisors who sometimes work undercover. I'm sure if this person was in fact doing what is alleged, he would have already been caught and fired by now.