Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
spyda308

anybody kno where those old 110' areials went?

8 posts in this topic

Ladder 165 is sitting out in the FAR Rockaways in Queens basically rotting in someones yard. There is what looks like a mini cherry-picker bucket at the tip of the ariel like it was used for some type of electic job but not sure. The rear of the cab looks gutted on the inside but the body looks to be in good shape. The lightbars are still on the rig also. Unknown if the rig is still operaional or even if its for sale but if someone does buy it to restore it, they would have some work cut out for themselves. The only reason I was in the neighborhood and saw it is because my aunt was movin out that way. No idea about 49. Ladder 4 also had one, not sure how many there were though.

I think I wrote the address down if someone is interested PM me. Shame to see the rig like that though.

:sad:

-John

I'm sure JBE or tbendick would know...

The companies that had 110' aerials were:

Ladder 4 - Manhattan

Ladder 38 - Bronx

Ladder 49 - Bronx

Ladder 165 - Queens

I don't know if any of these companies still run 110' aerials. I know Ladder 4 doesn't anymore.

Nope all FDNY rear-mounts and tillers are 100' and the TLs are either 75' or 95'

-John

I dunno where they went. I think there was someone trying to sell the old 49 truck on E-bay a while back. Other than that, I am totally clueless.

Somewhat on topic, the Lynbrook Fire Dept. and Hempstead FD Ladder 2 have similar designed ladders. Not 110 but 100ft, great lowrider design though.

www.lynbrookfd.org

www.hempsteadfiredept.com

those are some pretty good looking rigs