Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest FDNY242Buff

MACK 2000gpm PUMPERS

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what happened to the 2000gpm Mack CF engines FDNY had in the late 90s and how many there were? I know one is still a spare, but where are the rest?

Thanks in advance.

-John

The 2000 gpm pumpers were assigned with a Satellite. I think the last one(MP8820, Ex E284)has been disposed of.......... :sad: Last time I seen it at Da Shops, she was being heavily worked and it seemed to be done. I think the only Mack CF's left are a couple Tower Ladders, and all the Pumpers have been disposed of. I know E9's former Mack 2000gpm Pumper(MP8924) was wrecked in an accident, the others were at E72(MP8819), E207(MP8720), E324(MP8719), and E159(MP8925)...and all disposed of after spending time in the spare pool.

I know 159 had been running one of them as a spare for awhile earlier this year, and now that E-9s new rig is in service I assume their 94 would become the spare and the last of the Mack pupmers that havn't been converted to Foam units will be disposed of. These were some of my favorite Macks along with the later Macks with the high side compartments. Does anyone have any pics of the officers side of these rigs?

Thank you,

-John

Here is a shot of 284's

IMG_0508.jpg

Not sure what it was doing at the shops or what they were doing to it.

Thomas,

Thanks for the pic, :D =D> =D> when did you shoot it? I remember that rig fondly as 284 is 2nd due to my house and 149 is 1st due truck.

-John

that is a cool looking rig

My Birthday!! :D:D

By the looks of the sanded down body piece under the front bumper, maybe they might be overhauling it a little...maybe it will go back in service as something else.

I know it's a bucket. I forgot to use the :roll: face for sarcasm! It's probably still sitting down there someplace.

Does anyone know the make and model of the lightbars on the rig? And unless the city is gonna keep two sattelite engine spares this rig will be DXed now that Engine 9 got their new rig, their old one will become the spare.

Thanks.

-John

just an educated guess, but i would say Code3 XL minis